Two speed tracking button not working

P

Pond digger

I’ve bought a Volvo 1.8D mini and it won’t fast-track unless you hold the button in. Does it simply need a new button, or could it be more complicated? I’m hoping it’s just a latching button that won’t latch.

Thanks

CPS

CPS

Could be a latching relay? Not sure on the setup.... il have a look in a manual for you later this evening

diggerjones

diggerjones

I think I've operated machines where they were like this, standard. I may be wrong

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve bought a Volvo 1.8D mini and it won’t fast-track unless you hold the button in. Does it simply need a new button, or could it be more complicated? I’m hoping it’s just a latching button that won’t latch.

Thanks
That was brave :oops: .... from what I read of the PUMA system on 'em :rolleyes: :(

K

Komatsu

I think I've operated machines where they were like this, standard. I may be wrong
Yeh, the ones I been on were exactly the same so I wouldn’t worry about it, actually thought it was a good idea to stop people tracking around in top gear all the time, you’d do well to multitask with the boom and bucket while holding the button on the blade in😱.

Last edited:
K

Komatsu

If your still unsure PD, it’s euro at the end of the month and I’m sure they’ll be a plenty to “try out”, your not to far from there, I’d have a ride out and have a go on a few to put your mind at rest.

P

Pond digger

If your still unsure PD, it’s euro at the end of the month and I’m sure they’ll be a plenty to “try out”, your not to far from there, I’d have a ride out and have a go on a few to put your mind at rest.
I’ve not seen one listed, but I shall probably be going for a sniff around anway, so I’ll be keeping an eye out.

Thanks

P

Pond digger

That was brave :oops: .... from what I read of the PUMA system on 'em :rolleyes::(

Having now googled PUMA I can understand your concern Gra, but my machine doesn’t appear to have such a thing, unless it’s in a completely different guise, and hidden away somewhere.

Anyway, what I can tell you about the 1.8D is that I’d rate it ‘best in class’ when it comes to precision hydraulics, and streets ahead of Cat/Wacker Nueson.

V8Druid

V8Druid

Having now googled PUMA I can understand your concern Gra, but my machine doesn’t appear to have such a thing, unless it’s in a completely different guise, and hidden away somewhere.

Anyway, what I can tell you about the 1.8D is that I’d rate it ‘best in class’ when it comes to precision hydraulics, and streets ahead of Cat/Wacker Nueson.

did you find Muz's forum in the search Chris :unsure: ... it's littered with PUMA problems and even has a whole thread dedicated to fault finding :rolleyes: .... great until they give issues .... but good luck with it .. I'm told they're pretty nice to use (y)

P

Pond digger

did you find Muz's forum in the search Chris :unsure: ... it's littered with PUMA problems and even has a whole thread dedicated to fault finding :rolleyes: .... great until they give issues .... but good luck with it .. I'm told they're pretty nice to use (y)
Yes, I found the thread: certainly something I can do withouto_O.

Seems a nice machine; bought at auction unseen, apart from the auction pics (I know, I know). It had belonged to a small firm that had gone into administration; so a fair bet I thought. I could do with an operator’s book fist off.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Seems a nice machine; bought at auction unseen, apart from the auction pics (I know, I know). It had belonged to a small firm that had gone into administration; so a fair bet I thought. I could do with an operator’s book fist off.
Is this the one with the damaged dash?

Don’t be shy, what does the rest look like?

V8Druid

V8Druid

did you find the dozens of others too ? :( .... it's a pity that such a small piece of electronic trickery crap can cause such problems with what otherwise seems a fine weapon ... and very difficult to work around, without a MAJOR /total re-wire ... do-able, with time, but why include such over-complex tish in the first place, especially as they don't like the environment in which they live:mad: ... at 1400 notes plus the vodka, (and calibration/recognition), it'd make the original purchase that much cheaper and competitive with some good old fashioned 'old skool' control systems (called switches and relays) :rolleyes: IMHDO there would be a strong market for a simple/plain/basic/sensible set up.

P

Pond digger

did you find the dozens of others too ? :( .... it's a pity that such a small piece of electronic trickery crap can cause such problems with what otherwise seems a fine weapon ... and very difficult to work around, without a MAJOR /total re-wire ... do-able, with time, but why include such over-complex tish in the first place, especially as they don't like the environment in which they live:mad: ... at 1400 notes plus the vodka, (and calibration/recognition), it'd make the original purchase that much cheaper and competitive with some good old fashioned 'old skool' control systems (called switches and relays) :rolleyes: IMHDO there would be a strong market for a simple/plain/basic/sensible set up.
Completely agree, but I would imagine that most sales are to fleet buyers who don’t give a f**k.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Have I word with car manufacturers as well!!

P

Pond digger

Completely agree, but I would imagine that most sales are to fleet buyers who don’t give a f**k.
I should add that they should give a f***k because a simpler machine might very well be worth more on the s/h market, thus lowering depreciation and overall cost of ownership. Mind you, I think manufacturers are also guilty of over complicating things in the name of what they perceive as progress. If a decent manufacturer made a specific play for robustness and longevity of their machines, then I’m sure it would give them an edge. It’s not just silly and superfluous electronics; poor paint work is one of my big bugbears:mad:.

jd6820

jd6820

Just thought i'd add some input... I'm making an assumption that the digger in this thread is the same as the one in the panel repair thread? If so I'm sure to fast track all you do is flick the switch with the rabbit and tracks will be in fast speed until loading becomes too great and they drop automatically to slow? At least that's how our 5 tonner works?

Just to clarify the switch should stay flicked, ours latches not momentary...

P

Pond digger

Just thought i'd add some input... I'm making an assumption that the digger in this thread is the same as the one in the panel repair thread? If so I'm sure to fast track all you do is flick the switch with the rabbit and tracks will be in fast speed until loading becomes too great and they drop automatically to slow? At least that's how our 5 tonner works?

Just to clarify the switch should stay flicked, ours latches not momentary...

Interesting, thanks. I’ll have to get an operator manual.