Trailers

M

Maxus

Well-known member
4k I sold for 3.6k hammer I bought for, ramps were 350 ish.... yes only 2700kg, I do want to go a size up, but I thought this would keep me going in the meantime. Thinking I just go with a tt3017, some of the other 10' 3.5t trailer are very wide I've found out, ifor seem to have nailed the design and I know I won't ever go wrong with them
 
Last edited:
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Nugent now do a plant ultra trailer which has a payload of 2920kg. Saw them at the show. What I like about them is they have cut the weight in ways which haven't effected strength. So individual ally ramps, no bucket rest (although the beam at the front would be plenty strong enough to rest and tie a bucket down on to. Not mad about the ally chequer plate mudguards but otherwise a decent trailer.
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Everything I can find points to 2840kg payload.

Only the short skid option has that payload, the long ramps is probably 10kg if that lighter, no idea on the short or long ramps version they just tend to put the headline figure and no more.

Unless it's changed indespension alumax is has the highest payload of 2.91t

Woodford trailers are developing one, I've not seen it in person but a mate has it as a trial/demo looks like it could be ok but needs quite a few tweaks and unsure on weights.

I've got a MK1 Brian James cargo tipper, at the time was the lowest bed height of all tippers by something like nearly 70mm. It's a few years old now and rattles like a twat, going to give it some love at some point and swap some stand springs update the rubbers where the bed sits on. It's either the rear jack legs that rattle (to be fair they are utter useless) or the ramps which again are made well just poorly implemented on how they store, you have to flip them over and put them in backwards. Not sure what genius thought that was a good idea Vs just dragging them out of the holder and hooking on to the trailer, sides were crap and were replaced with redesigned version (original ones had pretty much a 10mm gap down the sides which was apparently satisfactory 🧐)
To be fair it's still on the original plank bed which is metal coated timber through the middle 2/3
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
Nugent now do a plant ultra trailer which has a payload of 2920kg. Saw them at the show. What I like about them is they have cut the weight in ways which haven't effected strength. So individual ally ramps, no bucket rest (although the beam at the front would be plenty strong enough to rest and tie a bucket down on to. Not mad about the ally chequer plate mudguards but otherwise a decent trailer.
Just seen this after my post, hopefully it's not mentally priced like the indespension
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
Just seen this after my post, hopefully it's not mentally priced like the indespension
Thinks it's around £5k so getting on about a grand more than a ifor gh1054? I think the ifor is a nice looking trailer but the extra 100kg of the Nugent would be nice to have if running borderline all the time
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
If it can handle the weight long term!
It won't be a problem with the Nugent. The chassis and perimeter box section steel is exactly the same as their standard trailer. The weight savings are in the ramps, lack of bucket rest and no in filled sides, plus the mud guards are ally too Vs steel on the standard one.
 
groundworker

groundworker

Well-known member
Thinks it's around £5k so getting on about a grand more than a ifor gh1054? I think the ifor is a nice looking trailer but the extra 100kg of the Nugent would be nice to have if running borderline all the time
I paid £3400+vat for a GH1054 recently

At 5k that's nearly 50% extra to gain 100kg payload

That would pay for a lot of overweight fines 😛
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
I paid £3400+vat for a GH1054 recently

At 5k that's nearly 50% extra to gain 100kg payload

That would pay for a lot of overweight fines 😛
indeed you can run at 4t for £300 and excactly how many times have you been tugged?
i drive past the Cuerden tugging point on the m6 S/B eveyr day. i'd say he's not even there one day a week.
The statistical chances of being tugged are close to zero now round here with staffing levels etc.

not that i'm insinuating you would run over..
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Indeed. I still think the Gh1054 is hard to beat. I think the worse case scenario of being overweight Is if you get in an accident and the insurance is void- be a bit s**t!
its got to be really bad....like really bad...for buckets etc to not vanish into a van etc quickly...
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
indeed you can run at 4t for £300 and excactly how many times have you been tugged?
i drive past the Cuerden tugging point on the m6 S/B eveyr day. i'd say he's not even there one day a week.
The statistical chances of being tugged are close to zero now round here with staffing levels etc.

not that i'm insinuating you would run over..
Tempting fate!
 
Top