Thwaites Dumper

J

jj1961

New member
I'm the proud owner of a hand crank 2 ton Thwaites Dumper, (Petter 2P engine) which is a bugger to start but otherwise usually reliable. Its been stood outside all winter and the clutch release arm doesn't seem to be operating anything so I assumed some thing was in need of oil so took the floor pan off, prop shaft off, both mounting struts off, put a sling around the gearbox to take the weight and removed the 8 bolts around the bellhousing. I have managed to break the seal between engine and bellhousing but it doesn't seem to want to part company. I have to admit that I've only ever worked on passenger vehicles and vans so am I missing some valuable piece of information? Any suggestions gratefully received. John
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Does the bell housing have an inspection plate underneath? You can send us photos, this can help in identifying any issues!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
stuck in the splines probably ... have had to bar LR/RR boxes off before now ..... :cry:
 
Top