V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I messaged Ross about it day or so ago
1711562305157.png
hmm this has loaded ok now ... pic for auction watch thread

Furniss

Furniss

It’s an interesting one, did you sleep in the wagon or tent etc? Would a 4g/5g camera work? I dont leave small kit but fairly sanguine about 5 ton + kit with coded keys and trackers etc seem less likely to go walk about.

Was watching this today didn’t think it was bad value (pic wont load currently, 2018 2k hour et65 made 22,500 in rb today)
Slept in the house ...they are mid renov.

Makes mine look expensive that et65 - 30k and 2700hrs mine was - totally mint and well looked machine mind. I like them tidy.
Not sure about camera , 9 out of 10 times people are on site.

Furniss

Furniss

Living the french dream 😀 ...got a small window of weather to get 4m3 of dry mix from the plant before it fooking bounced it down till we left in the dark !
Might get everyone and everything loaded on the truck and head south 🔆🔆
1000014199.jpg
1000014203.jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

Living the french dream 😀 ...got a small window of weather to get 4m3 of dry mix from the plant before it fooking bounced it down till we left in the dark !
Might get everyone and everything loaded on the truck and head south 🔆🔆
View attachment 59026View attachment 59025
we've had it all again today ..... three o'clock there was 10mm of hailstones laying on the patio :oops: ... cold enough outside ATM for snow and has been forecast tonight on higher ground - not quite at our level - however :rolleyes::(

Furniss

Furniss

1000014209.jpg

Even the idig sensor is fed up ....left it on the machine for a few days cos been taking digger back on a night and today it said sensor lost :(.... condensation in it cant be a good thing, hasnt been knocked thats for certain.....will have to be having a word with someone.

Plumber and electrician went home @ 4pm ....hard life with a whole van and some dewalt tools to run.
We're in the wrong game.

Last edited:
S

Stroppymonkey

View attachment 59032
Even the idig sensor is fed up ....left it on the machine for a few days cos been taking digger back on a night and today it said sensor lost :(.... condensation in it cant be a good thing, hasnt been knocked thats for certain.....will have to be having a word with someone.

Plumber and electrician went home @ 4pm ....hard life with a whole van and some dewalt tools to run.
We're in the wrong game.
Heating engineer here… reckon my stock and tools and kit could give you a run for your money, and don’t start me on the compulsory CPD we have to do… 😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

View attachment 59032

We're in the wrong game.
and it's now lashing it down AGAIN with it forecast all night and tomorrow :oops::(:cry::mad: I feel for you all having to try and earn a living in this weather -- utter shite :mad:🤬

S

Stroppymonkey

The difference between gas safe and cscs is miles apart!! Gas safe is compulsory by law.
CSCS is just a scam by major contractors to wipe there own arses of blame.
Gas Safe is compulsory under HSE. OFTEC - APHC - MCS - UVDHW - Water Regs - Part L - Various compulsory courses they keep dreaming up are all less essential but required. We probably spend about 10-14 days a year each on training/reassessment. All has to be built in to hourly rate. 80% of that time is just box ticking bollocks and not actually learning anything. Apprenticeship is now 4 years fixed (No 2 year Level 2 option anymore ), and you usually need another year after that to get your additional ACS tickets. Asking a 16-18 year old to sign up 4-5 years of their life isnt a small thing. And if they are over 19 you don't get college funding so makes it unviable. I think if you just want to do house bashing and not worry about compliance and efficient design then you can get away with smaller van and less tools and less training and 4pm finishes. Better to be a mason - only work in the sun and just need a bucket of tools then ;-)

S

Stroppymonkey

Out old 1999 FLT had some issues flagged on the annual test. New Aux hoses needed. Ignored it, then one split yesterday so did them in the afternoon. LPG pipe is a 3/8" hyd hose that needs changing, but its got weird fittings (JIC 7/8" ?) that have all the local places stumped. Might have to remake the whole section from Bottle to engine as its BSP at the engine end and I can understand that. Odd fitting on the bulkhead that I dont understand - and I am an LPG engineer as well!

Attachments

• 1711630465737.png
    1711630465737.png
    845.7 KB · Views: 25
V8Druid

V8Druid

Out old 1999 FLT had some issues flagged on the annual test. New Aux hoses needed. Ignored it, then one split yesterday so did them in the afternoon. LPG pipe is a 3/8" hyd hose that needs changing, but its got weird fittings (JIC 7/8" ?) that have all the local places stumped. Might have to remake the whole section from Bottle to engine as its BSP at the engine end and I can understand that. Odd fitting on the bulkhead that I dont understand - and I am an LPG engineer as well!
IIRC although the LPG supply lines appear to be crimped hyd lines, I'm pretty sure they're teflon lined?? ... got a few LPG lines here and'd need to eyeball their 'markings', but seem to recall straight rubber lines don't 'like' LPG ... and yeh they have some fairly weird fittings - deffo JIC on some parts (IIRC all the Impco regulator/vaporiser/gas carb. bits're JIC) can't recall what's on the bottle valve end - again would need to look

S

Stroppymonkey

IIRC although the LPG supply lines appear to be crimped hyd lines, I'm pretty sure they're teflon lined?? ... got a few LPG lines here and'd need to eyeball their 'markings', but seem to recall straight rubber lines don't 'like' LPG ... and yeh they have some fairly weird fittings - deffo JIC on some parts (IIRC all the Impco regulator/vaporiser/gas carb. bits're JIC) can't recall what's on the bottle valve end - again would need to look
This one deffo has 3/8 hyd hose on it.. but not original. Off to forklift place in a bit..

V8Druid

V8Druid

This one deffo has 3/8 hyd hose on it.. but not original. Off to forklift place in a bit..
Rubber is OK once it's back to vaporised state, but as a liquid it's pretty aggressive on rubber, from memory - been a while since I read the COP for LPG installations on vehicles - every liquid line on those had to be 1mm wall copper

S

Stroppymonkey

Rubber is OK once it's back to vaporised state, but as a liquid it's pretty aggressive on rubber, from memory - been a while since I read the COP for LPG installations on vehicles - every liquid line on those had to be 1mm wall copper
5/8" JIC fittings.. only had 9/16" and 3/4" in stock so will need to wait till Tuesday for delivery. The hose in the engine bay is proper LPG and probably original 1999 by appearances.