THE SCAM THREAD

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
interesting mail from my phone network providers ......

"Hi Graham,

Could your Android device be at risk?

If you are an Android phone user, then you will need to know about a major text messaging scam that is currently spreading like wildfire.

The FluBot malware, installs unwanted and malicious spyware to Android mobile devices when a link is clicked by a user - and is being used to steal passwords and sensitive data from Android devices, including access to contact information.

The root of the cause? A spoof tracking app dressed up nicely to act as a ‘missed package delivery’ from DPD or DHL.

What to do if you receive this text:

1. Do not click the link or install an app if prompted.
  2. Forward the message to 7726 – NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre) - A free to use spam-proofing service.
  3. Delete the received message.
What to do if you have clicked the link or installed the application:

1. Do not enter your password or provide any information if asked.
  2. Wipe your device clean with a full factory reset.
There is one more notable step you can take to ensure your business Android devices remain safe.

Check out Google Android Essentials (don’t worry, this link is safe to click on) to find out how this Android mobile security solution is a choice your business will thank you for making.

Please feel free to share this information with those in your business and/or with friends and family and let’s keep everyone safe."

V8Druid

V8Druid

😆😆😆 don't worry about this one link though it's fine
well it did come from my service provider, direct in an email, together with my invoice for the month, so I'm pretty confident as to its origins Thomas....
but yeh can see the funny side of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Left hooker

Left hooker

well it did come from my service provider, direct in an email, together with my invoice for the month, so I'm pretty confident as to its origins Thomas....
but yeh can see the funny side of it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Been posted as a warning on FB I noticed other day so think it's a legitimate one think it might have been from a police page for an area somewhere

V8Druid

V8Druid

Been posted as a warning on FB I noticed other day so think it's a legitimate one think it might have been from a police page for an area somewhere
as said Stu, came straight from my provider who I've been with decades ... will be 100% legit.

Left hooker

Left hooker

Got to watch out for this scam 🤣😂
Spotted on FB ment to be a big battery from China
Small battery in middle with concrete either side

Screenshot_20210504-083901.png

Giles

Giles

this guys got a ton of listings but all 1/3 or half price should be, some look to be abroad as well

looks like genuine account been hacked etc, guys former teacher etc no plant history and not in the groups you’d assume for someone with 86 bits of kit for sale.

Attachments

• FC681323-4903-44C8-9B19-B4ED6E6284BF.png
    FC681323-4903-44C8-9B19-B4ED6E6284BF.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 60BDCE53-7C37-466C-9AD6-8B81048D6BD1.png
    60BDCE53-7C37-466C-9AD6-8B81048D6BD1.png
    704.5 KB · Views: 128
V8Druid

V8Druid

this guys got a ton of listings but all 1/3 or half price should be, some look to be abroad as well
have noticed a few things on FB marketplace recently that're too good to be 'proper' ...... won't be long 'fore it's inundated with the scammers too ... 'specially when ebay want yer banking details 'fore they'll list ... 's one good thing 'bout it .... will **** the scuammers on there :love:

V8Druid

V8Druid

fat lot of good this will be when they won't even turn up to investigate - just give you a crime no. over the phone :rolleyes::mad:

V8Druid

V8Druid

" Jcb 8018 Mini Digger And Ifor Williams GX106 Plant Trailer No Vat.
£3,300
Jcb 8018 Mini Digger And Ifor Williams GX106 Plant Trailer No Vat. Year 2009 Hours 3200 3 buckets Expanding tracks Orange and green flashing beacons Working lights Works as it should Paint work has been touched up Included in sale; Ifor Williams GX106 plant trailer Breaks and lights work fine 1 side of the trailer has slight dent (please study pics) Does not affect the trailers use no structural damage Viewing welcomed and recommended before auction ends Delivery possible"
1626034343409.png

GazCro

GazCro

£3,300
Jcb 8018 Mini Digger And Ifor Williams GX106 Plant Trailer No Vat. Year 2009 Hours 3200 3 buckets Expanding tracks Orange and green flashing beacons Working lights Works as it should Paint work has been touched up Included in sale; Ifor Williams GX106 plant trailer Breaks and lights work fine 1 side of the trailer has slight dent (please study pics) Does not affect the trailers use no structural damage Viewing welcomed and recommended before auction ends Delivery possible"
View attachment 26036
Now why would you put this in the scam thread 🤔

B

bobthebuilder

£3,300
View attachment 26036
bugger the digger ,look at that timber :love::love::love::love::love::love:

J

Justme

so far about 50%+ of all the digger i have been interested in have been scams.