THE SCAM THREAD

doobin

doobin

Looks genuine to me but bloody hell- I sold a 2016 Hyundai 1.7 recently for not much more money and less hours. I wouldn't pay that for a 2009 with that many hours.

Try HG plant and sales in Essex. Looked at a 2.5t Hitachi before buying new and they seemed decent and fair priced.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Morning all, thanks for a great thread which has popped up due to me looking for a mini digger and seeing one on eBay. Become suspicious due to a few little things and when I put in google the eBay user name: landrovermad2020 up popped this thread! Is the feeling that all his listings are a con?

Was specifically interested in the TB016 listed which is eBay item number 393023524044 . (I have tried posting links but not allowed)

Glad of any comments, and thanks again!
this is this guy's latest 'incarnation' .... there were a few other threads on here, referencing some of his previous incarnations/antics, there appears to be a bit of link to to the travelling brethren ;) ... and no one wants a wee hours visit from the two legged rat fraternity.
In light of his history, I'd be completely ignoring anything that crops up that is even vaguely attributable to this bloke and I am 100% confident that everyone here'd agree with that.
What's your budget .... try a look at John Barnes' site at Gobion ... I have known him 30+ years.... he's as straight as they come ... and he doesn't buy any crap. Don't know how the hell he finds so much decent gear, but he's been at it a long time and has a huge network of contacts (y):cool:

http://barnesplant.co.uk/For-Sale.html

Good luck with the search ... a difficult task at present

Last edited by a moderator:
craig

craig

Morning all, thanks for a great thread which has popped up due to me looking for a mini digger and seeing one on eBay. Become suspicious due to a few little things and when I put in google the eBay user name: landrovermad2020 up popped this thread! Is the feeling that all his listings are a con?

Was specifically interested in the TB016 listed which is eBay item number 393023524044 . (I have tried posting links but not allowed)

Glad of any comments, and thanks again!
I`ve got no experience of dealing with the man, but there is plenty of info on here.
The first thing that struck me was, that's its had a hard life, 2447 hours? It`s been re-sprayed (at least) once already, and look at the state of it now, lack of grease (rust streaking from dipper pin), If it hasn't been greased has it been serviced? No clips for the bucket pins, only a couple of quid to put right, says unloved to me.
My thoughts, pricy for the condition (I know tb016 are sort after), don't buy it unseen after reading about the seller on here, and its condition.

G

GafferG

Thanks All, much appreciated 👍

Budget max 10k (inc any VAT) for a 1.5t or similar.

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Buyer beware rings a bell. The machines exist and some have had good experiences some have not.

I have a JCB 8018 i could let go for 9+ vat.. slightly over budget sorry but a much better machine

V8Druid

V8Druid

Buyer beware rings a bell. The machines exist and some have had good experiences some have not.

I have a JCB 8018 i could let go for 9+ vat.. slightly over budget sorry but a much better machine
bit tongue in cheek/hedging yer bets/non committal from you Ross ..... but can fully appreciate why (y);)
if you buy from Ross @GafferG at least you can be sure of getting what he tells you it is and becoming the proud owner of a decent machine

T

topkit

I think he was known on ebay previously as purple bug sales but changed his user name, There is a bit on here about purple bug, i think they are based near Malvern. I dont think he is a scammer he just sells cheap and cheerful mini diggers. Talking of scams i found my New Holland Lb110 on ebay last night the nice chap was only asking 10,500 for it, so i tried to contact him needles to say he wanted my mobile number, his name had an eastern european ring to it as usual. There are so many on ebay every day.

V8Druid

V8Druid

I think he was known on ebay previously as purple bug sales but changed his user name, There is a bit on here about purple bug, i think they are based near Malvern. I dont think he is a scammer he just sells cheap and cheerful mini diggers. Talking of scams i found my New Holland Lb110 on ebay last night the nice chap was only asking 10,500 for it, so i tried to contact him needles to say he wanted my mobile number, his name had an eastern european ring to it as usual. There are so many on ebay every day.
he's a tw*t selling (s)crap TK :mad: 🤬

G

GafferG

Thanks for the offer, but sorted now!

R

Russell

It's not a scam but it is surprising how much a turd is going for.

V8Druid

V8Druid

especially when you scroll down the page and find ......
1611510890179.png

ok it's a TCP and high lift ............ but :rolleyes::oops:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Bidders don’t have a gun to there head usually....but you can’t trust eBay and someone running you up!! See if it gets relisted when his mate has the last winning bid. I have a policy of not taking 2nd chance offers!!

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
We are pushing on with Lumag this year, being a lot more active as kit is hard to find so got to push something. In the past I sold what i wanted to sell. Aka Chippers,usally buy 20 at a time bloody decent products for the money and so basic they dont really go wrong. Dumpers etc are a little more involved and while we have probably sold 20-30 in the last few years never really pushed them. Same as the heavy duty plates, we have sold a good qty of the bigger ones but never really stocked them . I have quite a few due in next week. Even a 800kg high tip lumag.. some £8k retail :O