The ideal trailer......

Giles

Giles

Saw someone asking £9k for similar to my tipper other day lol brand new but no options I gave 5400 for mine last feb with all options.

what to gx126 tri axle with full ramp list at?

Big Jordy

Big Jordy

F57F9886-B6DB-4342-B533-92F9ADF865A0.jpeg
D56A080A-CCA8-4FED-9633-BEFDF7DF22B8.jpeg
1C5E2FE5-AD08-4188-A882-070F87D2A7B3.jpeg

Jordan

Furniss

Furniss

All this talk about values has made me think about dragging my ifor 126 tipper out of the corner and giving it some love..
Used it twice in 3 years since getting a wagon - must be worth 5k€ over here.

Or not 😬

Screenshot_20220117-215016_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20220119_180213.jpg
    20220119_180213.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 98
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Good Afternoon Giles,

We have a GX126 Tri in stock that we could add LED lights too but that trailer comes on 155/70R12c wheels and tyres which we cannot change.
This trailer will be £4930.00 plus vat.

Kind Regards

Asked today for price but on the 13” saravo tyres

been out today with big Bateson tight rural spot taking track dumper, switched to little ifor as can leave it with less worry about it going walk about and turn it Rd in tight yard.
funny looking dumper that :unsure::unsure::p

V8Druid

V8Druid

All this talk about values has made me think about dragging my ifor 126 tipper out of the corner and giving it some love..
Used it twice in 3 years since getting a wagon - must be worth 5k€ over here.

Or not 😬

View attachment 31456
are those axles far enough apart :oops:o_O ..... must tow like an arrow, but a bitch to manoeuvre in a tight spot :(

V8Druid

V8Druid

They are fine, tow well and no issues reversing. Hitch height needs to be spot on and tyres don’t last long….
as said James .... must tow like an arrow ... spread axles are good for speed, just kill tyres and are hard work, slow manoeuvring, when loaded ;)

L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
Yea I think they are 220bhp and 6 speed Box they are really nimble in round the city and the wee streets will take it places the van and trailer won’t go serious lock on the steering. They are definitely 7.5tonners.. I didn’t believe it till I read the plate.. only problem is sometimes they struggle a wee bit getting grip, can only take 2,5 Ton on the lorry though 😂.

Jordan

When we're talking about work vehicles (plant, carrying and towing etc) BHP is a pointless figure, you need to look at the torque figure and if possible the torque curve. That's what's important.
If you want that explaining then let me know.

Bri963

Bri963

When we're talking about work vehicles (plant, carrying and towing etc) BHP is a pointless figure, you need to look at the torque figure and if possible the torque curve. That's what's important.
Power is a product of torque and speed, torque at wheels a product of correct gearing. Not a pointless figure by any means.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I sort of agree🤔
my truck is 620hp and will happily pull a loaded trailer up windy hill👍
now a super car with 700+hp will struggle 😂

so it’s all about big flat torque curves 💪

L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
I sort of agree🤔
my truck is 620hp and will happily pull a loaded trailer up windy hill👍
now a super car with 700+hp will struggle 😂

so it’s all about big flat torque curves 💪
Exactly. I used to have a 2 litre 500bhp car, in the same village was a huge recovery truck that dragged stricken articulated lorries off the motorway back to their yard, trailer and all. It proudly said on the side it had 500bhp.
Do you think my car would have pulled an articulated lorry with trailer?
Nope.
If you put my car engine in the truck it would hardly pull the tow truck itself around.

At a guess the truck had around 1600ft/lbs of torque, my car had about 400.

Why they advertise truck bhp figures is a bit beyond me as it's largely irrelevant. If the tow truck had said it had 1600ft/lbs of torque I would have been more impressed.

My Benford has a whole 34bhp yet it'll pull itself and a load (5.2 tons) easy enough, it'll set off on tickover in 3rd gear. That's because it produces a lot of torque right from tickover onwards.