Terex HD1000 Ignition problem

Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
Hello Hive mind, I Have a Terex HD1000 here that has an intermittent starting/running problem in so far that sometimes you can start it, and she'll run then other times you turn it over, it starts but as soon as you release the key from the start/crank position it stops and will not keep running! I have changed the fuel rack solenoid, the starter ignition switch, its had starters and wiring connections checked but to no avail, its so intermittent that im getting nowhere very fast, any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome,
Best wishes
Toolsman
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
got to be a +ve supply issue to the stop solenoid .. powered on crank but not run position on ign sw. ...... or the +ve is supplied direct from the starter's solenoid on crank and the run position's supply is at fault somewhere
was the ign sw. replaced exactly like for like .... try a live direct to the stop solenoid - if it runs you at least know where to start looking
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
See the following diagram, check power out of the Anti-start module on White/Orange with tracer. The modules regularly mess around and I'd probably start here. Sounds like replacing the items you already have you are well over the cost of the module (white box with several red LEDs). Once you have established if a 12V supply is given by the unit you can progress further down the wiring harness towards the solenoid.
 

Attachments

  • Wiring diagram HD1000.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 354
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
See the following diagram, check power out of the Anti-start module on White/Orange with tracer. The modules regularly mess around and I'd probably start here. Sounds like replacing the items you already have you are well over the cost of the module (white box with several red LEDs). Once you have established if a 12V supply is given by the unit you can progress further down the wiring harness towards the solenoid.
oh bugger ..... 's one of them is it :(:( ..... I'm out of this one .... know sod all about flashy light boxes
WTF do they continue to insist on fitting all these crap electronic boxes when a couple of good limit switches and some decent old skool electrics'd do the job more than adequately :mad:
 
Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
Thanks Guys, pretty much what I suspected re the "Anti Start Box" I removed it yesterday and its had a lot of moisture damage so it probably is the culprit, they seem to range in price from between £100 upwards, i'll probably buy one and install it as a matter of course, as I say this fault is intermittent
anyhow, I'll let you know the outcome in due course, Thanks again.
 
Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
As a matter of interest, there appears to be a replacement unit advertised using twin relays! do these work as a replacement on the HD1000 or do i need the dreaded module again? Thank for all your help everyone.
 
Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
I think there was a conversion for them, but the module is only a glorified relay anyway
Thank you, I may well look into one of those then, possibly a tad more water/moisture resistant? have any of you replaced with one of these units with any success?
 
Last edited:
Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
Thank you, I may well look into one of those then, possibly a tad more water/moisture resistant? have any of you replaced with one of these units with any success?
 
Toolsman

Toolsman

New member
Just to let you all know, The replacement unit using relays rather than the pcb assembly works a treat and appears to have solved the intermittent running problem, so thank you all for your input and fingers crossed it doesn't re-occur
Cheers
Toolsman.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Just to let you all know, The replacement unit using relays rather than the pcb assembly works a treat and appears to have solved the intermittent running problem, so thank you all for your input and fingers crossed it doesn't re-occur
Cheers
Toolsman.
any link/hint as to where you obtained it from? Pic maybe? may help others in the future(y):cool::giggle:
 
Top