Takeuchi issues please help :)

R

Rupert

Member
Hi my name is Rupert
I was wondering if anyone can help me please. So I have a Takeuchi TB153fr and it’s 6 years old and it’s on just over 3000 hours. I understand that increases the play and all that stuff but when I am swinging and go to stop in carries on for a bit I understand I should slow down when coming to The designated point you want to stop at. but I was wondering if there is something I can do to help this I’ve heard there are brake valves on Some diggers and they may be adjusted or replaced. i’m new to digger mechanics I don’t really know much about it. I’m good with cars but very good with hydraulics and not good with electrics, but I’ll give anything a go :)
Any help would be much appreciated don’t know if this is the right place to put this question? maybe you can help me out? as I never used a form before
Rue
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
'evening Rupert and welcome
when slewing, one needs to be smooth ;) .... letting go of the lever and expecting it to stop dead is not the form .... it might, but it doesn't do the machine any good ... as you say you need to slow to a halt and if you do it shouldn't carry on .... are you being smooth enough with it?
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
'evening Rupert and welcome
when slewing, one needs to be smooth ;) .... letting go of the lever and expecting it to stop dead is not the form .... it might, but it doesn't do the machine any good ... as you say you need to slow to a halt and if you do it shouldn't carry on .... are you being smooth enough with it?
as the machinne swings you use other functions ie up ,down ,crown ,to slow you down
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Yes the slew motor has brake valves, normally one for each direction, if you swap them around it will work or not work on the opposite slew, some are adjustable some aren’t,
 
R

Rupert

Member
'evening Rupert and welcome
when slewing, one needs to be smooth ;) .... letting go of the lever and expecting it to stop dead is not the form .... it might, but it doesn't do the machine any good ... as you say you need to slow to a halt and if you do it shouldn't carry on .... are you being smooth enough with it?
I am being smooth :) so driving the digger today I tried to get a bit more specific on the problems so while tracking if you go to turn so let off one of the sticks a Bit and then push it back again to straight up the digger turned on the Slew Ring so you are not parallel with the tracks :)
I Kind of got the swimming problem sorted as posted by someone else said try and move the boom/dipper when you get close to where you want to stop seems to help a lot :)
 
R

Rupert

Member
So my next question :))
When driving the digger today I tried to get a bit more specific on my problems so while tracking if you go to turn so let off one of the sticks a Bit and then push it back again to straight up the digger. The movement of that turn the digger on the Slew Ring so you are not parallel with the tracks :) fairly annoying if you travelling a distance you need to keep adjusting the digger to keep it straight any ideas???
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Ahh so we’re you tracking on level ground or on an incline to the left or right?
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Sorry lots of questions, when tracking in a straight line, if the slew is used left or right does it affect the tracking?
 
R

Rupert

Member
Sorry for the late response been crazy at work and home.
So yeah when I am tracking with the blade in front as I slew it moves the track very slightly in the direction I slew in.
Not so much movement with the blade behind me but when it moves it is when I stop slewing suddenly.
I think that is to do with Centrifugal force?
I was thinking maybe it’s just wear, if so any idea where the wear would be? :))
 
R

Rupert

Member
I will check tomorrow thanks for your help :)
Sorry for the late response been crazy at work and home.
So yeah when I am tracking with the blade in front as I slew it moves the track very slightly in the direction I slew in.
Not so much movement with the blade behind me but when it moves it is when I stop slewing suddenly.
I think that is to do with Centrifugal force?
I was thinking maybe it’s just wear, if so any idea where the wear would be? :))
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Ok some possibilities! The distributor( rotary valve) has a case drain from the track motors t’d into the slew motor case drain line and back to tank, if say the slew motor has a brake valve off its seat, the drain oil will go into the drain line either to tank or to a track motor! Or you have more than one issue, have you tried each track movement when they are off the ground?
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
had the control stick for tracking ,stick due to lack of grease
 
R

Rupert

Member
Ok some possibilities! The distributor( rotary valve) has a case drain from the track motors t’d into the slew motor case drain line and back to tank, if say the slew motor has a brake valve off its seat, the drain oil will go into the drain line either to tank or to a track motor! Or you have more than one issue, have you tried each track movement when they are off the ground?
Yeah both tracks run equal speeds track tension seems to be the same on both sides as well
 
R

Rupert

Member
Yeah both tracks run equal speeds track tension seems to be the same on both sides as well
A
Ok some possibilities! The distributor( rotary valve) has a case drain from the track motors t’d into the slew motor case drain line and back to tank, if say the slew motor has a brake valve off its seat, the drain oil will go into the drain line either to tank or to a track motor! Or you have more than one issue, have you tried each track movement when they are off the ground?
and I will investigate the valves :)
 
Top