Stephill diesel gene in welfare unit won’t start

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

My diesel gene in the welfare unit won’t start . It has been lying for a few months . I tried it this morning with a charged battery and it went to start and sounded like it just needed another turn but just keeps turning over with no sign of it going . The fuel is getting to the injector as it has a prime button so I took it off and it does get there all be it it also runs back when the prime button is stopped because when I try it again it takes a couple of seconds for the diesel to appear .
IMG_5885.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

On closer inspection , the injector is getting plenty of fuel .
When I crack the injector open though I’m not getting any diesel at all when it’s turning over .
There is what looks like a wee valve on the side of the injector housing but it might be some form of heater plug I’m not sure . When the engine turns over it gets a 12v supply . Can anyone confirm what it is ?
IMG_5886.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
is this some sort of temp sensor Vin ... shut down on overheat ... gone faulty ? .... either open/closed circuit and not allowing fuel flow to injector on crank .... looks like a thermistor to me
IMG_5884.jpeg

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

You’re right buddy , it’s a fuel cut off solenoid . Yanmar part . I took it out and tried it on a battery and it’s fecked . Looks like that’s my part . That one that’s fitted isn’t the original either

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

You’re right buddy , it’s a fuel cut off solenoid . Yanmar part . I took it out and tried it on a battery and it’s fecked . Looks like that’s my part . That one that’s fitted isn’t the original either
New one ordered along with a new battery . Will post up how it goes .