Slow starting diesel.

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I've been thinking. Would 20 hp be enough power to run a decent stump grinder?
Honda do a nice little v twin with 20-22 hp. I was thinking I could then use the dumper as a donkey engine with oil tank (20l) and then get a grinder attachment for the e10. This would make a narrow access stump grinder? This all depends on dumper having a 1 inch shaft.
Sound like a daft idea?
Something like this
Would think you’ll end up stalling the grinder being hydraulic powered all the ‘proper’ ones are belt drive direct from the engine so have to stall the engine not just blow off a relive valve🤔

R

Russell

I was thinking maybe some kind of diverter valve in the main feed from the pump and then completely separate system with maybe a control valve clamped on the handle bar of the e10? I would like to leave the dumper controls as they are.

R

Russell

Maybe one of these to control it
And something like this in the feed line from pump

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Maybe one of these to control it
And something like this in the feed line from pump
both links're the same @Russell

S

Smiffy

I was thinking maybe some kind of diverter valve in the main feed from the pump and then completely separate system with maybe a control valve clamped on the handle bar of the e10? I would like to leave the dumper controls as they are.

From what I understand the most important thing is choice of tips with the grinders
I have only used one type of tip which is supposedly very power hungry
The green teeth are supposedly a lot more efficient energy wise
So green teeth on a small wheel might be okay but you will never get the production of a self propelled grinder
You will just cook the machine in production use

R

Russell

I made a new exhaust today but it's still bloody loud. There is now very little boom but the crack is just as loud and I think that comes through the engine.
Think I'll try a honda gx390 on it and see if that helps. I don't fancy a Chinese special.

doobin

doobin

I made a new exhaust today but it's still bloody loud. There is now very little boom but the crack is just as loud and I think that comes through the engine.
Think I'll try a honda gx390 on it and see if that helps. I don't fancy a Chinese special.
A Loncin is every bit as good as a modern Honda, which I think are made in China anyway!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
A Loncin is every bit as good as a modern Honda, which I think are made in China anyway!
yes, second that ... they're a damned good little motor

Gecko

Gecko

I've got real honda's and several chonda's. If you need it to start every time, get the honda.
If you don't mind the fuel line rotting, the rust coming through the plating, the paint fading, the plastic going brittle in the sun (oh - you guys don't have that much sun!!) and you are not going to wear it out from use, then the chonda's are good value.
As above, the Loncin and Li Fan seem to be the pick of them.

Last edited:
R

Russell

It just did two days of work without breaking so it's looking good. The twin cylinder engine uses about twice as much fuel so about 6/7 litres of petrol a day. I think that's worth it for the lack of vibration alone.

Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I think on the Kubota engine you can remove the injector, take off the pipe, fit it back on the pump and check the injector outside of the cylinder, if it drips (injector) if nothing pump, or compression down, they easily bent rods.