Skidsteer

Bri963

Bri963

The Cat one has a baffle inside. It is adjustable as the brush wears. It didn’t have a wear strip on the back Edge, but I put one on when the first set of brushes wore out. It. Isn’t actually made by Cat, it’s by some American attachment company and badged.

C

carlosshane

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I was looking at all bobcat models as said. I was also looking at case too.

Im hoping ive got lead on a mustang one but who knows yet.

Prices for these things are quite mad at the moment and its sods law ive got funds to get one for yard and home duties when they sky rocket but itll much help me for when im on my own doing things
Hi, I wanted to know what people think about skid steers around grain farms. We are thinking about getting one. I need to lift ~2500 lbs and be able to help around the yard with yard work. We will be making new bin pads, digging out a lot of yard and replacing them with new sand/clay mix, cleaning up old yard sites, and probably snow removal.

1. What do I need?
2. What size would work?
3. What are the best brands? Have all options local Kubota (friend, JD, Bobcat, Case or New Holland. What about Chinese units? Good deal on TS-100.
4. Tracks better but do I need them? How long do tracks last?
5. What controls are best or is it preference?

Open to suggestions. Never owned or operated one.

doobin

doobin

Hi, I wanted to know what people think about skid steers around grain farms. We are thinking about getting one. I need to lift ~2500 lbs and be able to help around the yard with yard work. We will be making new bin pads, digging out a lot of yard and replacing them with new sand/clay mix, cleaning up old yard sites, and probably snow removal.

1. What do I need?
2. What size would work?
3. What are the best brands? Have all options local Kubota (friend, JD, Bobcat, Case or New Holland. What about Chinese units? Good deal on TS-100.

Not something we have a lot of experience with here in the UK I'm afraid (skid steers or snow!)

You'd be better off asking on a skid steer group on FB to be honest.

Bri963

Bri963

1. What do I need?
2. What size would work?

I suggest you put the same question on Heavy Equipment Forums, there’s a lot more relevant experience on there and from your side of the pond. What I do know is that if you’re levelling that sand/clay you’ll never do it on a wheeled skid. Also avoid the ASV machines or the cat 2#7’s, with the same undercarriage as it’s nowhere near as robust as the normal CTL undercarriage.