Sewer connection.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Any experts on here. Got to get a sewer connection on a main. Main is about 450mm -- 600mm. The main problem is its about 15 foot down. Plus side its on private land and its there sewer. Thinking easiest is a saddle. Only got to be 4" for porta cabin.

F

fred

that is bloody deep. Be careful!!

Saddle would work. No manholes you can drop into ?

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Trench box or trench piles. Take care(y) kin deep hole that, when your the one on your knees at the bottom!

diggerjones

diggerjones

Yes i s**t myself when looked in the manhole

diggerjones

diggerjones

The manhole is about 20m away in council common land with a tarmac foot path in between. When you say go straight into manhole. Do you mean have the drop shaft inside manhole

sjs5060

sjs5060

Dig a big enough hole, get a manhole box, nothing worse than pissin about in a small trench when your deep.

Used a twistee saddle on my last one, really easy to work with (y)

diggerjones

diggerjones

Dig a big enough hole, get a manhole box, nothing worse than pissin about in a small trench when your deep.

Used a twistee saddle on my last one, really easy to work with (y)
Think your fairly local to me. Where did you hire your manhole box from? I've never done a saddle done a few manholes in the past.

sjs5060

sjs5060

I'm between Wigan and St. Helens my mate and for stuff like that I use maybe hire. The last one we got was fairly light so we could manhandle it with the 130.

diggerjones

diggerjones

Yes we're planning to hire a 13t on rubber tracks. How deep do these manhole boxs go

diggerjones

diggerjones

Well up date. Found the pipe where we thought it would be 30' from the very deep manhole. Was only 5' down 😄result. Then when cleaning round preparing to dig the hole to get the connection on i found another manhole. So we are going to drop it into this. Happy days

F

fred

Whilst not always 100% accurate I alkeays buy sewer maps from Severn Trent for our plots. They show everything with invert levels as well.

Good result on your job I really don’t like working in narrow deep holes , too much can go wrong quickly.