Sany Chinese Excavator Mega-Factory

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

So ummm getting back on topic sorta has anybody tried one of these Sany excavators? I looked in to them a little bit before buying my tractor and the pricing wasn't much better than any of the Japanese or Korean manufacturers. And a friend of mine ran one of their 7.5 tonners and he's a tall guy he said the cab was cramped and uncomfortable and of course called it a 'piece of s**t' right off the bat. lol
After a review like that I am still not tempted!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cartman

Cartman

Well when everybody else was gushing with praise I was noticing a few things I didn't like. I particularly didn't like the bushings they had for the pins to run on. I know of a local man who bought two new Sany's and they have been rubbish. That's not to say that if the company is serious long term that they can't get it right. Remember the first Toyota's to hit the UK being rotten in about three years but they weren't long in fixing that. I would think the Sany company has the economic might behind them to muscle their way into the market by continuous improvement but apparently they have a long way to go on the "wearing" front. Re-sale ??

O

oldchips

Might not be relevant but the same discussion is happening with electronic test equipment.

Seems to work fine, much cheaper than the US or European competition.

But, I bought a Chinese spectrum analyser, very cheap, but no servicing information which I need. It sort of works, but there is an enourmous error in the measurement, can't sort it, scrap really.

If the centre swivel goes on a digger, than how old need it be before the repair cost is more than the value? And as for the electronics, buy something before canbus was used?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
....... If the centre swivel goes on a digger, than how old need it be before the repair cost is more than the value? And as for the electronics, buy something before canbus was used?

the slew rings can be reconditioned, if they're not too far gone ..... as in ripped apart ... had one done for a 12t AT crane once .. about 30% of the cost of a replacement and was a 4ft+ ring ... firm Wiltshire way IIRC .. took the ring there in a tranny van ... knew it was in the back .... I'll see if i can find their name ... gave it to someone on FB a while back, but as usual ... can't recall it right now :rolleyes:

just looked it up and it's these guys

B

Brendan

Haven't tdl recently stopped selling and more worryingly stopped supporting sany although apparently sany are launching their own UK hq/operation