rural broadband - what a ****ing sh1t show

6

6feetdown

Well-known member

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20221123-172933_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-172933_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
only goes to a particular level Doob .... after that you could live in a £10m mansion and still pay the same as someone in a £600K property 🤬 🤬 .... we're one band down from the top level here .... place up the road is on the market for £5m and is only a couple of hundred more quid/yr than us .... we're £306/mth :cry: and get sod all for it, compared to a town dweller
i belive herr dickford is going to revalue all our propertys shortly (all going to be paying more) and he is going to introduce more levels for higher bands (more money),feck lived in te same house for 30 years not my fault its gone up ,wankers the lot of em
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
i belive herr dickford is going to revalue all our propertys shortly (all going to be paying more) and he is going to introduce more levels for higher bands (more money),feck lived in te same house for 30 years not my fault its gone up ,wankers the lot of em
Maybe time to emigrate to England
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
I am lucky for broadband using Now not using fibre canceled that and went standard and got broadband all the calls for £18 per month and running 18mbs Got a big cop shop which is norfolk suffolk head of cyber so we have a very good service when on fibre running at 75mb. Read a report from BBC yesterday that all bbc programs will be on line only by 2035 and all transmitter will be closed.
It will end in tears when there’s a natural disaster and the internet goes down 🥸
Do you know what comms is the fall back for such events - Amateur Radio 🧐
Think we need to retain wireless broadcasting for radio, tv and other basic comms - just saying 🤪
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
have eventually managed to speak with 'Selena' in the faults team this morning ... after a 16 minute wait on hold :mad: 🤬
yes she can see a history of intermittent drop outs going back weeks and she'll raise a fault report and get back to me, after she's had a read of the account history. As I said, to her, there'll be a hell of a lot of it .... last session was 13 or 14 engineers to get us a reasonably steady service. Also informed that this is their last chance, before getting binned off - which will involve removing all cabling, the bloody pole on the side of my drive and re-routing the other customer s off it ... seemed to focus attention.
text this afters to say engineer booked for Tuesday between 08.00 and 13.00 ..... dunno WTF he's gonna do as it's been fine since circa 23.00 last night :unsure:o_O:rolleyes: and not dropped since, that I've seen
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
text this afters to say engineer booked for Tuesday between 08.00 and 13.00 ..... dunno WTF he's gonna do as it's been fine since circa 23.00 last night :unsure:o_O:rolleyes: and not dropped since, that I've seen
Think you need to chuck a bucket of water at all the joints before he/she arrives 😝
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
How much starlink?
Don't go Vodafone fir 4g been there got the t-shirt they taper your speeds even on premium.
I'm on 3 at the minute signal seems good no tapering of speed is the main thing.
At work We use Vodafone Gigacube as BT is pretty poor (8mb) On wait list for Airband but don’t think they’re going to give me what I want. Fibre seems to keep getting closer but not here yet.
Annoyingly BT have a fibre box about 1/4 mile away but they want £3000 and £600 a month to bring it to office. I said no thanks
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
gonna be a LOT o' bucketfuls
Back in the day I did my apprenticeship with Post Office Telecommunications
Absolutely loved it no learnt loads of skills 😎
These days a much slimmer company is called Openreach
In recent years and up to August 2020 we suffered the same problems as you Gra 🤬
We are about 3.5 miles from the Exchange and 1.0 miles from the Cabinet
They were trying to give us Broadband on the very old copper wires.
Everytime it rained it went down and the landline was full of crackles due to the ingress of Moisture 🙄
So I kept a log and phoned them every time and reported defect.
Evertually I raised a ‘high level’ with BT whois my ISP.
When it wasn’t fixed in a timely fashion I had a refund of about 3 months and a goodwill payment.
Everytime a different engineer came I went with him up the road and pointed out the joint boxes
These were in the grass verge and full of water 💦
I was very polite with each one and told them that the copper wires were, “no longer fit for purpose”
And I rubbished every BT Facebook advert for months🤪
AND told the Customer Service/Complaints Department the same and that I knew what I was talking about 🥸
Then in 2020 we got FFTP and ain’t looked back 😊
Keep complaining boyo and ask for a refund when they don’t deliver
They don’t like attention via social media……
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Back in the day I did my apprenticeship with Post Office Telecommunications
Absolutely loved it no learnt loads of skills 😎
These days a much slimmer company is called Openreach
In recent years and up to August 2020 we suffered the same problems as you Gra 🤬
We are about 3.5 miles from the Exchange and 1.0 miles from the Cabinet
They were trying to give us Broadband on the very old copper wires.
Everytime it rained it went down and the landline was full of crackles due to the ingress of Moisture 🙄
So I kept a log and phoned them every time and reported defect.
Evertually I raised a ‘high level’ with BT whois my ISP.
When it wasn’t fixed in a timely fashion I had a refund of about 3 months and a goodwill payment.
Everytime a different engineer came I went with him up the road and pointed out the joint boxes
These were in the grass verge and full of water 💦
I was very polite with each one and told them that the copper wires were, “no longer fit for purpose”
And I rubbished every BT Facebook advert for months🤪
AND told the Customer Service/Complaints Department the same and that I knew what I was talking about 🥸
Then in 2020 we got FFTP and ain’t looked back 😊
Keep complaining boyo and ask for a refund when they don’t deliver
They don’t like attention via social media……
did get a 3 mth refund/goodwill payment, end of last year after the ongoing fiasco ..... sadly the lad who was dealing with me is no longer with them .... was like a terrier with a rat, fair play to him ... the refund though, no where near made up for the sh1t service, insufferable frustration of it constantly dropping out, etc. ........ you pays yer money and you want the service - a reliable one- without all the bloody stress of dealing with uncaring wazzocks :mad:
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
did get a 3 mth refund/goodwill payment, end of last year after the ongoing fiasco ..... sadly the lad who was dealing with me is no longer with them .... was like a terrier with a rat, fair play to him ... the refund though, no where near made up for the sh1t service, insufferable frustration of it constantly dropping out, etc. ........ you pays yer money and you want the service - a reliable one- without all the bloody stress of dealing with uncaring wazzocks :mad:
If you have good mobile signal, just get a router and SIM card for the best value for money network.

We have to do this and we are on the main road ffs! Posh houses in the middle of nowhere are getting fibre before us.
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I haven't read all your posts but just adding my bit.
I have a mobile router in the office with a Vodafone sim and it is brilliant. No idea of actual speeds etc but it does everything I want and slightly more.
Downloads files etc super fast.

Could be worth a try
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
someone tell me more about the mobile routers and data only SIMs please .... sounds a pretty easy option ... costs, etc.???
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
someone tell me more about the mobile routers and data only SIMs please .... sounds a pretty easy option ... costs, etc.???

Get a dongle from whoever gives best reception in your area and get a pay as you go sim card loaded up with 100gb of data and see how you get on. The dongle should virtually free with enough data and will give you a clue as to how you get on with it before getting a proper router. I went years like this although only with phones and tablets and never missed proper internet.
 
Top