Rotary level

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Good for us a small family business, but also good for the Plant Talk community members to have another active supplier who can advise on laser levelling:)
absolutely .... yet another field of expertise added to the portfolio of knowledge here :cool:(y) and you can't beat reading genuine recommendations from actual users .... with knowledge and experience to support their critiques (y)(y) .... there's not a lot of BS on here :LOL:

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Our Leica rotary laser is playing up a bit, it's a Lecia Rugby 840, it fell over on the tripod about 3 years ago and the glass on top cracked but worked fine until this week been playing up with the grade a bit. checked levels on some pads three time and got three different sizes o_O. it's making a bit of noise like there is a bearing going on it too 🤨
Anyone got a good source for repairs/recalibration on these?

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I see a lot of firms around here use these guys. I don’t know if they do repairs but should be able to put you in touch with someone who can.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Our Leica rotary laser is playing up a bit, it's a Lecia Rugby 840, it fell over on the tripod about 3 years ago and the glass on top cracked but worked fine until this week been playing up with the grade a bit. checked levels on some pads three time and got three different sizes o_O. it's making a bit of noise like there is a bearing going on it too 🤨
Anyone got a good source for repairs/recalibration on these?
What about @Laser Levels Online ? ... do they do repairs ?

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

What about @Laser Levels Online ? ... do they do repairs ?
Thanks V8Druid,

To always ensure our customers have the fastest turn around times for repair and calibrations we only repair, calibrate, service etc... products which were originally supplied by us. As we are not a Leica distributor, this Rugby 840 will not have come from us and therefore sadly we cannot help on this occasion. Although as others have commented there are lots of companies who do offer this service.

However, if you do find yourself in the market for a replacement for your 840 you know where we are :)

Best regards
Mark Roberts
Laser Levels Online
www.laser-level.co.uk

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
this Rugby 840 will not have come from us and therefore sadly we cannot help on this occasion.
I did check online and noticed the statement " we only fix our own gear" so didn't bother enquiring. it may well be we have to bite the bullet and replace it but haven't given up on it just yet. 👨‍🔧

Gunners

Gunners

I did check online and noticed the statement " we only fix our own gear" so didn't bother enquiring. it may well be we have to bite the bullet and replace it but haven't given up on it just yet. 👨‍🔧
Optical Survey are Leica delears and do servicing. Dont know if they have a branch near you? The 840 is a decent laser and would be costly to replace. Leica have got a whole new range out now and everything seems to have gone up in price so dont give up on it just yet!

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

Oh yes, definitely don't give up on it yet. As others have said the Leica 840 is a high spec laser. You should be able to get it up and running again.

It's well known about Leica's price increases on their new product line up 😐

The direct competitor from our premium brand would be the Spectra HV302 Red Beam.

Should the worse happen and your 840 can't be repaired or it's not cost-effective to repair, do also think about whether or not you need all the features on your existing laser.

We often get customers who start by saying I need to replace X, Y or Z laser and then when we go through the features with them, they often say "well I have never used that function - didn't know it did that etc..." as such we often find customers can drop down to a cheaper option. So always worth considering....

Best regards
Mark Roberts
Laser Levels Online
www.laser-level.co.uk

tinydigger

tinydigger

making machines look small since 1980
Do you have account with Gap as I know the survey depot we share a building with deal with leica and do repairs sometimes in house and if not they have a workshop that they send stuff to

S

Smiffy

I couldn't say what the company is like to deal with but all the levels where I work along with every piece of survey equipment I've seen on site has an opti-cal sticker on it

Laser Levels Online

Laser Levels Online

We appreciate this is a very tricky time for all businesses and so we have set up the coupon code planttalk which will give you a further 5% discount on all products purchased.

However, if you have any questions or need any advice on which to buy please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Mark Roberts
Laser Levels Online
www.laser-level.co.uk