roof moss - copper sulphate

F

fred

Well-known member
seem to be plagued with the moss, mate told me to spray the lot with copper sulhpate.

Anyone heard of it or have another solution ?

Really dont want to power wash it.
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
I've heard that a bare copper wire stretched along the peak of a roof works, we are going to try it on the new building thats going up as moss seems to be getting worse ☹
 
Powerfab

Powerfab

Well-known member
I've heard that a bare copper wire stretched along the peak of a roof works, we are going to try it on the new building thats going up as moss seems to be getting worse ☹
Bare copper wire is the best long term solution to remove and keep it at bay.
However, don't expect overnight miracles. It'll take a year of weathering to start to show results.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
I've heard that a bare copper wire stretched along the peak of a roof works, we are going to try it on the new building thats going up as moss seems to be getting worse ☹
wouldn't it be a massive unearthed lightning conductor ?
 
Hg2702

Hg2702

Well-known member
We’ve put a zinc ridge under the concrete ridge before seemed to be working 👍🏽
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
That sounds an elegant way of doing it 🙂

I wonder how long our rain will remain acid enough for it to work 🤔
 
Randla

Randla

Interloper
That sounds an elegant way of doing it 🙂

I wonder how long our rain will remain acid enough for it to work 🤔
I did wonder that myself. :unsure:

It seems less effective now than when I put them on a dozen or so years ago but it still reduces the amount of cleaning. I imagine it would work better on new slate rather than what we have here. I plan to re-roof the granny annex next year so we'll see.

IMG_20210714_191025.jpg
IMG_20210714_191036.jpg
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I did wonder that myself. :unsure:

It seems less effective now than when I put them on a dozen or so years ago but it still reduces the amount of cleaning. I imagine it would work better on new slate rather than what we have here. I plan to re-roof the granny annex next year so we'll see.

View attachment 26104View attachment 26105
Did a tarmacing gang sort your tree out for you?!…
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
wouldn't it be a massive unearthed lightning conductor ?
only if there's nothing taller around :LOL:
was reading somewhere yesterday that there're a couple of hundred Indians killed every year, by lightning strikes :oops:
 
Top