Road plannings

Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Well-known member
New screener bucket worked well with the plannings this week out of 260 ton of plainings i got about 20 of over size so the cost price of my plainning worked out at £6.50 per ton delivered i gave the over size stuff to a naburing farmer, it took me about 15 - 20 hours to do the screening so:) with that.
now when talking to the farmer he was explaining that i should be spraying gas oil on the finished surface apparently it will help it stick.
a couple of points
1. I assume this may have been a thing to do when gas oil was 9.9p per lt but not at 150p per lt if you can get it or nearly £2.00 for wight like now( or is this a thing ?)
2. is there anything that would help it to stick?
1658515468104.png
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
New screener bucket worked well with the plannings this week out of 260 ton of plainings i got about 20 of over size so the cost price of my plainning worked out at £6.50 per ton delivered i gave the over size stuff to a naburing farmer, it took me about 15 - 20 hours to do the screening so:) with that.
now when talking to the farmer he was explaining that i should be spraying gas oil on the finished surface apparently it will help it stick.
a couple of points
1. I assume this may have been a thing to do when gas oil was 9.9p per lt but not at 150p per lt if you can get it or nearly £2.00 for wight like now( or is this a thing ?)
2. is there anything that would help it to stick? View attachment 37841

Diesel deteriorates the bitumen it makes it leach short term but does nothing long term. If you really wanted to make it stick then bitumen emulsion would work.
 
Antony Holmes

Antony Holmes

Well-known member
Diesel deteriorates the bitumen it makes it leach short term but does nothing long term. If you really wanted to make it stick then bitumen emulsion would work.

biggest roller you can get ,and on the hottest day we get
i was lucky with the weather on this one.
just trying to find out from the collective if i could improve things for the next one
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Fuchs Plantohyd 40N bio oil makes 'em bind like they've just been laid hot ... but ain't cheap ... the odd bits here and there, where I've had the odd leak ..(from the leg gland I still haven't done), have gone off literally like it was hot laid - totally solid ... last barrel I bought was on a par / just above recent white prices per litre ... it doesn't need a lot though TBF :rolleyes::LOL:
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Fuchs Plantohyd 40N bio oil makes 'em bind like they've just been laid hot ... but ain't cheap ... the odd bits here and there, where I've had the odd leak ..(from the leg gland I still haven't done), have gone off literally like it was hot laid - totally solid ... last barrel I bought was on a par / just above recent white prices per litre ... it doesn't need a lot though TBF :rolleyes::LOL:
I had an old cherry picker apparently full of bio hydraulic oil (that’s what the sticker said, I’d never put any in it) that burst a hose and dropped 40 plus litres of oil onto some planings. They went off well, but that patch get very soft and melty every time it gets hot (4 years later!).
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I had an old cherry picker apparently full of bio hydraulic oil (that’s what the sticker said, I’d never put any in it) that burst a hose and dropped 40 plus litres of oil onto some planings. They went off well, but that patch get very soft and melty every time it gets hot (4 years later!).
too much oil in one spot'd be my guess :rolleyes:
 
Top