reviews performance caterpillar IT series wheel loader strengths flaws

barracane

barracane

Well-known member
hi, excuse me if every now and then I insert a weird discussion, a friend of mine would like to take a wheel loader for his small shipyard as a service machine, he should lift, move boats, launch boats from the beach, tow trailers for hauling hulls, I I had suggested an old excavator to use as a crane, but he would have fixed himself on the caterpillar series G model IT caterpillar those that are used on construction sites as tool carriers, to which the forklift forks and various tools are attached. what do you think thanks I await clarification.
 

Attachments

  • 1629350599233.png
    1629350599233.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 1629350624488.png
    1629350624488.png
    590.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 1629350646998.png
    1629350646998.png
    522.1 KB · Views: 168
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
hi, excuse me if every now and then I insert a weird discussion, a friend of mine would like to take a wheel loader for his small shipyard as a service machine, he should lift, move boats, launch boats from the beach, tow trailers for hauling hulls, I I had suggested an old excavator to use as a crane, but he would have fixed himself on the caterpillar series G model IT caterpillar those that are used on construction sites as tool carriers, to which the forklift forks and various tools are attached. what do you think thanks I await clarification.
V10 or 12 Deutz coming out the back end in that first pic BTLs ..... strange place to do a motor swap :oops:

can't see him being able to lift much in the way of a boat with a loader TBH, 'cept on forks perhaps :rolleyes:
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
1629380781771.png


1629380906361.png
1629380934126.png


1629380976115.png


1629381007114.png


in the neighboring town they use these two machines I had suggested telescopic IT caterpillar

1629381281815.png



1629381415618.png

1629381431649.png

1629381480492.png
1629381495655.png

1629381763128.png
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
interesting lift frame ... neat ... lift in line or cross way to the machine :love:
1629410265460.png
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Iron fairy is what he needs😎
only on solid ground ;) and'd need to be a decent size one for boat handling
1629410585495.png

or one of the more modern 14 tonners

or better still a decent RT 30 or 45 tonner
1629410881669.png

RTs've been around a long time ... should be able to find one at a decent price .... not roadable, so not everyone's choice
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
thanks for the suggestion, he works directly on the beach therefore he would have liked to use a wheel loader, more agile and able to get out in case it gets dirty, you don't think a more clumsy and heavier crane, maybe it sinks in the sand and then you have to tow it with a powerful tractor , I had suggested a powerful telehandler he says the center of gravity is too low, somewhere in between? thanks sorry if I insist.

1629432572688.png
1629432544607.png




1629432953441.png


 

Attachments

  • 1629432746257.png
    1629432746257.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 161
  • 1629432841633.png
    1629432841633.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
Top