Resin paint for workshop/garage floors

D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Any recommendations? I’ve used resincoat.co.Uk afew times, they have gone expensive lately though!
I’ll only use resin, standard garage floor paint is just a waste of time imo.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Any recommendations? I’ve used resincoat.co.Uk afew times, they have gone expensive lately though!
I’ll only use resin, standard garage floor paint is just a waste of time imo.
depends what's going over it ? ... and how many coats it gets :);)
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
4x4 on decent off road tyres.. non resin always seems to flake off over time.. 😖
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
A lot depends on the floor finish you are painting over/prep work.
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Shortage at moment of resin for resin bound gravel etc so might be why price is up on resin paint
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
4x4 on decent off road tyres.. non resin always seems to flake off over time.. 😖
FLTs had the same effect :rolleyes: .... floor needed to be clean first and as said a few coats helped a lot
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Try Vuba resin products, they were on the phone earlier today trying to push their products as theres now plenty in stock! Stark contrast from earlier this year when I couldn’t get any! Good stuff though.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
A lot depends on the floor finish you are painting over/prep work.
6months old, nice and cured/dry with only construction traffic over it, floated off so smooth but not power floated, else I’d just seal it.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
6months old, nice and cured/dry with only construction traffic over it, floated off so smooth but not power floated, else I’d just seal it.
Bit of a long shot but if you can get someone to grind it properly you'll never look back..no flaky paint ever...👌
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Will go wi
Try Vuba resin products, they were on the phone earlier today trying to push their products as theres now plenty in stock! Stark contrast from earlier this year when I couldn’t get any! Good stuff though.
Will give these guys a try 👍🏼
 
S

sandy59

New member
I used resbuild.co.uk for a garage floor, seemed to be good quality although first time I've ever used resin, time will tell I guess.
 
Top