Red diesel.....

Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Rory
Given the definition of forestry relates to “forests” would that mean tree surgery in domestic and commercial sectors etc would then be on white?
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Rory
Given the definition of forestry relates to “forests” would that mean tree surgery in domestic and commercial sectors etc would then be on white?
My assumption of forestry is that it needs to be commercial forestry operations to qualify for red so that's related to the planting growing and harvesting of trees for timber production so anything outside of that is white.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Sounds like there's a nice little grey area to me. Chipping for biomass used to generate commercial heat/power yet you're not allowed to burn red in a commercial generator?
Question would be whether the production of a timber product is the main ambition of the operation, and if the material is felled to that order.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Going to be interesting to see how they police it.
Guess one way would be anything with felling license is forestry anything else arb.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Going to be interesting to see how they police it.
Guess one way would be anything with felling license is forestry anything else arb.
Can't physically do it. Because otherwise you open the door for farm buildings with agricultural tie being agricultural only.
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm being taken for a fool but I rung the usual gas oil supplier I use this morning and they said they couldn't quote a price on diesel till it was due to be delivered and that they had back logs and a shortage saying delivery times were more than a few days. Initial price figures they threw out there was 90p/litre! Needless to say I just said put 500l in tank to keep us moving, this time of year with fields being wet it's not an issue as we don't use a lot. But contract mowing I burn through 350l in less than a day. Often refilling to carry on past 6 and I usually start dropping grass after 9 or 10... So if the prices keep up the rates are going to have to change a bit. I reckon to burn 6l per acre on a typical to heavy crop. On a good day 100 acres is perfectly possible. :(

I'd be happy to hear if others have priced or tried to acquire diesel in last day or so?
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm being taken for a fool but I rung the usual gas oil supplier I use this morning and they said they couldn't quote a price on diesel till it was due to be delivered and that they had back logs and a shortage saying delivery times were more than a few days. Initial price figures they threw out there was 90p/litre! Needless to say I just said put 500l in tank to keep us moving, this time of year with fields being wet it's not an issue as we don't use a lot. But contract mowing I burn through 350l in less than a day. Often refilling to carry on past 6 and I usually start dropping grass after 9 or 10... So if the prices keep up the rates are going to have to change a bit. I reckon to burn 6l per acre on a typical to heavy crop. On a good day 100 acres is perfectly possible. :(

I'd be happy to hear if others have priced or tried to acquire diesel in last day or so?
Shortage of fuel with us since Friday in most fuel stations
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Is this just the purge happening to get everyone to get the derv in? Or is everyone stocking up on the last of the red they can get 😂
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm being taken for a fool but I rung the usual gas oil supplier I use this morning and they said they couldn't quote a price on diesel till it was due to be delivered and that they had back logs and a shortage saying delivery times were more than a few days. Initial price figures they threw out there was 90p/litre! Needless to say I just said put 500l in tank to keep us moving, this time of year with fields being wet it's not an issue as we don't use a lot. But contract mowing I burn through 350l in less than a day. Often refilling to carry on past 6 and I usually start dropping grass after 9 or 10... So if the prices keep up the rates are going to have to change a bit. I reckon to burn 6l per acre on a typical to heavy crop. On a good day 100 acres is perfectly possible. :(

I'd be happy to hear if others have priced or tried to acquire diesel in last day or so?
Been waiting since Friday no delivery yet £0.91p quoted running on fumes
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
Hi all,

Not sure if I'm being taken for a fool but I rung the usual gas oil supplier I use this morning and they said they couldn't quote a price on diesel till it was due to be delivered and that they had back logs and a shortage saying delivery times were more than a few days. Initial price figures they threw out there was 90p/litre! Needless to say I just said put 500l in tank to keep us moving, this time of year with fields being wet it's not an issue as we don't use a lot. But contract mowing I burn through 350l in less than a day. Often refilling to carry on past 6 and I usually start dropping grass after 9 or 10... So if the prices keep up the rates are going to have to change a bit. I reckon to burn 6l per acre on a typical to heavy crop. On a good day 100 acres is perfectly possible. :(

I'd be happy to hear if others have priced or tried to acquire diesel in last day or so?
I had some a couple of weeks back, and they said price only valid for the day.
 
Top