Red diesel.....

Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I do pretty much nothing but tree/forestry work with my 6 tonner and tilty.
What type of work do you do ? All of the forestry work here that requires excavators is clearance after fells , mounding or harvesting.
the machines are nearly all 15 tonne plus with huge undercarriages on them
D6B2CE45-5AEF-4009-8626-CEE31FA90A4F.jpeg
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
What type of work do you do ? All of the forestry work here that requires excavators is clearance after fells , mounding or harvesting.
the machines are nearly all 15 tonne plus with huge undercarriages on them
View attachment 32592
7BA51531-2BEA-40E4-ACFA-E47DB6424E9B.jpeg
What type of work do you do ? All of the forestry work here that requires excavators is clearance after fells , mounding or harvesting.
the machines are nearly all 15 tonne plus with huge undercarriages on them
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
What type of work do you do ? All of the forestry work here that requires excavators is clearance after fells , mounding or harvesting.
the machines are nearly all 15 tonne plus with huge undercarriages on them
Thinnings, larch removal, rhododendron management, low impact stuff. Quite a bit of tree surgery, loads of site clearance, extracting and stacking for biomass etc.
We use bigger kit as and when but the 6 tonner is mega for getting in/out without making a mess.
Not commercial forestry harvesting - obviously much too small for that. Working through mature mixed woodlands where the trees being retained are far more important than those being removed makes up quite a bit of what we do.
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
I know I was generalising with my point and the guy may well of been going home from a legitimate days graft .My point is that cross industry working is rife and completely unpoliced . This is only going to get worse next month with the introduction of non rebated fuel for construction making it far more lucrative for anyone with a digger and legitimate supply of red diesel to take advantage .
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I know I was generalising with my point and the guy may well of been going home from a legitimate days graft .My point is that cross industry working is rife and completely unpoliced . This is only going to get worse next month with the introduction of non rebated fuel for construction making it far more lucrative for anyone with a digger and legitimate supply of red diesel to take advantage .
I know what you are saying.
We work predominantly within forestry and horticulture, but definitely have jobs that are at best a ‘grey’ area. This week we are on site clearing woodland, all of which we are harvesting and selling for biomass (so it is forestry plain and simple).
However, the job is being done to allow a new warehouse to be built, so it is actually site clearance/construction….
It’s a mess!
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
on your tilty? has it got aux ports? :unsure:

No ports . I’m going to fit a valve to the machine to swap one of the prop services and then pipe From this to the grab . I can use a spare button on my lever . I will be able to run my pan mixer on it as well then
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
No ports . I’m going to fit a valve to the machine to swap one of the prop services and then pipe From this to the grab . I can use a spare button on my lever . I will be able to run my pan mixer on it as well then

Wouldn't a pan mixer be better run off the blade lines so the machine can load as the mixer turns ??
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
Wouldn't a pan mixer be better run off the blade lines so the machine can load as the mixer turns ??
That would be a good idea if it was workable . My mixer is picked up by forks so how could I run a supply from the blade?
Do you mean pick the mixer up with the blade some how and then I have the arm free to load ?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Wouldn't a pan mixer be better run off the blade lines so the machine can load as the mixer turns ??
don't know how @Vinpetrol 's blade is operated, but mine is off a lever beside my seat with blade or leg/legs selected by switches .... I'd have to hold my lever over to run a pan/aux off the blade or leg circuits
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
don't know how @Vinpetrol 's blade is operated, but mine is off a lever beside my seat with blade or leg/legs selected by switches .... I'd have to hold my lever over to run a pan/aux off the blade or leg circuits
Mine is buttons which moves the boom lever to operate the blade or jacks
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾

Thought I made quite a good little joke there.
 
Top