Recommendations for a good digger bush/pin supplier?

doobin

doobin

Well-known member
As above. New Holland are a nightmare/very expensive to get parts from, however they do give full dimensions of bushes and pins required in their parts list which is helpful.

So reasonably priced supplier recommendations please.
 
Last edited:
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Engineering firm probably cheaper for you, or one man and his lathe in a garden shed!
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Engineering firm probably cheaper for you, or one man and his lathe in a garden shed!
It's going to need a CNC lathe to put the grease ways in, plus the bush will need hardening?

I've got a lathe and a shed, but there must be a firm who specialise in this|?
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
It's going to need a CNC lathe to put the grease ways in, plus the bush will need hardening?

I've got a lathe and a shed, but there must be a firm who specialise in this|?

Could put the grease ways in with a mill and dividing head. Or with the screw turning setting on a lathe if you have a course enough gearset
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
It's going to need a CNC lathe to put the grease ways in, plus the bush will need hardening?

I've got a lathe and a shed, but there must be a firm who specialise in this|?
why? long series drill
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
As above. New Holland are a nightmare/very expensive to get parts from, however they do give full dimensions of bushes and pins required in their parts list which is helpful.

So reasonably priced supplier recommendations please.
Digbits haven’t been too bad.
 
Bob

Bob

Well-known member
When I wanted some new pins for a D4 I went to a local engineering firm who made them for me with grease ways and threaded for nipple
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Send me your bush sizes I may well have them on the shelf
Swing cylinder kingpost bushes- 45.12mm ID x 57.96mm OD x 44.5mm L. 4no

Main boom pin bushes- 55.18mm ID x 71.01mm OD x 50.5mm L 2no

Bucket pins - 45.18mm ID x 61.01mm OD x 50.5mm L 4no
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Swing cylinder kingpost bushes- 45.12mm ID x 57.96mm OD x 44.5mm L. 4no

Main boom pin bushes- 55.18mm ID x 71.01mm OD x 50.5mm L 2no

Bucket pins - 45.18mm ID x 61.01mm OD x 50.5mm L 4no
Odd balls if ever I seen some😆

Il check the shelf tomorrow as some of the older hitachis had some odd ball sizes
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
As above. New Holland are a nightmare/very expensive to get parts from, however they do give full dimensions of bushes and pins required in their parts list which is helpful.

So reasonably priced supplier recommendations please.
Out of interest how much are NH quoting?
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Out of interest how much are NH quoting?
I don't know yet because the parts guy at MJN tractors is having a nightmare getting any info from them. But figures of £300 for a bush were mentioned. Too much.

I first tried Does, at first parts guy was helpful, but then wouldn't return my calls and just sent an abrupt email saying I should use a different branch which were nearer! It doesn't matter a shits worth of arsehole which branch you use if it's mail order, and if one branch is backhoe specialist (which i highly doubt) then why not tell me to begin with??? Not impressed. I get the feeling CNH construction just don't care.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
What grade of ground steel should I use for the pins?
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
I don't know yet because the parts guy at MJN tractors is having a nightmare getting any info from them. But figures of £300 for a bush were mentioned. Too much.

I first tried Does, at first parts guy was helpful, but then wouldn't return my calls and just sent an abrupt email saying I should use a different branch which were nearer! It doesn't matter a shits worth of arsehole which branch you use if it's mail order, and if one branch is backhoe specialist (which i highly doubt) then why not tell me to begin with??? Not impressed. I get the feeling CNH construction just don't care.
My local Ernest Does is the main HQ, if it’s a last resort then if you give me the part numbers I can drop in and price it all up when I'm next passing. Im not saying it’s the best option, but if it’s a last resort or you just want to compare prices then I don’t mind going in, I go past it regularly.
 
Top