Quooker hot water tap.

modelman093

modelman093

Active member
Installed about ten years ago , now in need of attention, spluttering and spitting a bit. I’ve cleaned the diffuser nozzle on the tap.
Now needs a bit more serious attention - decoking the heating tank ? It’s the basic hot water only model.
Anyone had one apart ?
Sounds like a Druid job !
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Installed about ten years ago , now in need of attention, spluttering and spitting a bit. I’ve cleaned the diffuser nozzle on the tap.
Now needs a bit more serious attention - decoking the heating tank ? It’s the basic hot water only model.
Anyone had one apart ?
Sounds like a Druid job !
You are lucky its lasted 10 years.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Installed about ten years ago , now in need of attention, spluttering and spitting a bit. I’ve cleaned the diffuser nozzle on the tap.
Now needs a bit more serious attention - decoking the heating tank ? It’s the basic hot water only model.
Anyone had one apart ?
Sounds like a Druid job !
Flipping heck , speak of devil ours is similar.
Lass that sold it is said it needs a service kit/change of filters etc. but still works so I've kinda ignored the spluttering.
Bl##dy brilliant bit of kit. 8 years old now
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Installed about ten years ago , now in need of attention, spluttering and spitting a bit. I’ve cleaned the diffuser nozzle on the tap.
Now needs a bit more serious attention - decoking the heating tank ? It’s the basic hot water only model.
Anyone had one apart ?
Sounds like a Druid job !
never seen one in the flesh/metal ... Pam doesn't like the idea of one - too risky .. (we keep 'the sharp kives' out the [her] way in the kitchen) .. we also have a lot of scale issues here, so doubt one'd last too long :rolleyes:
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
so you cant have your bath water above 44 deg but can have a 100deg tap ,my plumber refuses to fit them,and the last one i fitted hte building inspector noted it on the sign off
Hard to get in the sink and die from scalding though to be fair. For elderly + vulnerable it might be safer than lifting kettles I guess. Prefer a real kettle though.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
amazing bit of kit, pricey though for the cube.

Handy having coke on tap though!
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
amazing bit of kit, pricey though for the cube.

Handy having coke on tap though!
Coke on tap😂 didn't know you could need an upgrade.
She wouldn't be without ours I know that much
Loves it. Theoretically you can scald yourself if stupid enough but I've got a garage full of sh*t that would also happily kill you....did occur to me that a direct hit would result in fairly spectacular woof😀
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Used a different make a few years ago had filtered cold water too, I liked it
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Fit all types of them now, resorted back to genuine quooker, other brands don’t get as hot.
Got one in our current place, would always fit one, can’t beat nipping in for a instant brew 👍🏼 never kept a house long enough to worry about maintenance on anything 😂
 
Top