Quick question to the gods

D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Before I go ordering £200 worth of engine mounts…

Am I right in thinking if the direct drive fan on an engine is rubbing on the lower edge of the housing it’s most likely to be the engine mounts which have given up? Engine is supported on two lower mounts and one at the rear top horizontally. Rather catch them before the fan destroys its self and the housing all together!
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Like these
 

Attachments

  • s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 108
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
classic RR g/box mounts're also similar, but IIRC a little taller .. will have a look tomorrow - think I have both sat
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
call me if I'm wrong, but I think classic RR are pretty much the same as series, but with metric threads.
nigh on, but pretty sure they're a little taller, like half an inch ... deffo M10 threads
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
V8 mounts 3" dia 40mm thick 10mm threads normal ones 2" dia 40mm thick 10mm threads usually all 10 mm threads if you get the cheap ones which I find last fine the V8 ones will take a hell of a lot of abuse from experience
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I think there is one large engine mount under the front off the engine ?
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I think there is one large engine mount under the front off the engine ?

2 smaller ones on mine, might be to do with the front axle suspension being in the way.

Am I on the right track with engine mounts being worn as to why the fan is rubbing?
Fan is fixed to engine, guarding is fixed to chassis..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8818.jpeg
    IMG_8818.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 108
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
2 smaller ones on mine, might be to do with the front axle suspension being in the way.

Am I on the right track with engine mounts being worn as to why the fan is rubbing?
Fan is fixed to engine, guarding is fixed to chassis..
Yea your probably on the right lines.

I'm pretty sure I did a 6430 years ago for the say reason. I think it was a single mount
 
Top