question for farmers. reviews tracked tractor warrior scaip

barracane

barracane

Well-known member
hello, excuse me if you bother, someone knows the Italian warrior scaip tractors, they also build pipe laying and other industrial machinery, what do you think? some user friend used them, what do you think 'thanks best regards

WARRIOR Series - STX-430 - SCAIP

1596984632290.png





 
S

Steve

Well-known member
I am not familiar with Warrior at all but the Fendt is very popular here & regarded as very good among local farmers they tend to be wheeled tractors rather than tracked though.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
The fendt are just rebadged challengers
Fendt challenger valtra and Massey are all part of agco I think they also own sisu engines
It was decided that challenger where to withdraw from European markets
With there tracked tractors and sprayers being available in fendt livery instead
And in us fendt has withdrawn and there tractors now being available in challenger colours
Massey's are also available in the us with challenger colours as well as an arctic steer tractor range which as far as I'm aware isnt available to the European market
 
R

Rob 210

Well-known member
loads of the challengers round my neck of the woods,mostly branded as claas.Smiffy is right about the sisu engine fitted in them,think they are something silly like a straight 7!!
One guy I was talking to last year said they where nothing like the original CAT's.think he said his was now on the 5th engine!All suffered from broken crank shaft!!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
loads of the challengers round my neck of the woods,mostly branded as claas.Smiffy is right about the sisu engine fitted in them,think they are something silly like a straight 7!!
One guy I was talking to last year said they where nothing like the original CAT's.think he said his was now on the 5th engine!All suffered from broken crank shaft!!
probably a very smooth motor .... I understand that a 5 cylinder is one of the most dynamically balanced configurations going ..... Audi used to make a superb 2.5, 5 lunger, which was like silk
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Going back nearly 40 years, Deutz made an air cooled 5, lovely engine. Smooth, no rad leaks, but not the quietest. Cat fitted it to the 211 and 212 ex-Eder machines.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
probably a very smooth motor .... I understand that a 5 cylinder is one of the most dynamically balanced configurations going ..... Audi used to make a superb 2.5, 5 lunger, which was like silk

I don't know if they still do but Merc used to favour 5 cylinder diesels
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Going back nearly 40 years, Deutz made an air cooled 5, lovely engine. Smooth, no rad leaks, but not the quietest. Cat fitted it to the 211 and 212 ex-Eder machines.
that's right ... and a lovely engine it was too ..... Liebherr used it in their 900/901/902s IIRC and Case/Poclain too I believe ... as said .. a bit clattery, but no water jacket to quieten down all those combustions ... I've always like the Deutz air cooled motors ... had one in a 30t Demag crane .... needed to keep 'em wound up, but had plenty of power if you did .... I would like to find me a V12 ... for a 'static display' ..... and run it up every Sunday morning ... 'bout seven :giggle::giggle: ..... to quote a 'certain' neighbour ... "things change - you'll get used to it" :mad: .... they sure as **** have around here ... Sunday's just another day, when i'm busy;):rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
thanks for the comments and opinions, I sincerely believed that the legendary JD john deere named me, I imagined that the warrior was unknown in your part thanks again.

1597308700051.png

1597308737731.png

1597308785090.png
1597308841694.png



too expensive for our pockets unfortunately, thanks again.
 
R

Rob 210

Well-known member
probably a very smooth motor .... I understand that a 5 cylinder is one of the most dynamically balanced configurations going ..... Audi used to make a superb 2.5, 5 lunger, which was like silk
Gardener Used to make a straight 8! Only company to hold one together.Rolls tried but suffered crank failure too
You just have to love gardener engines,British engineering at its best(except for the oil leaks and cold start ups) :LOL:
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Diamond T tank transporters had a Hercules straight 8. Still a few of those about.
 
R

Rob 210

Well-known member
Think you'll find Hercules DFXE in the diamond t was a straight 6
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Think you'll find Hercules DFXE in the diamond t was a straight 6
recall a local haulier bought a T from an MOD sale ... had popped the side flaps and looked inside .... was a bit PO-ed when he found that, what at a glance, he thought were injection pipes, were actually armoured plug leads :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: pulled bloody well though .. at a cost !!
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
sorry I did not understand the meaning of the speech. the translator does not help me-
1597647416033.png
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
sorry I did not understand the meaning of the speech. the translator does not help me-
View attachment 17452
now that'd be my choice of traccy ... but like hen's teeth round here

a man bought a Diamond T truck @barracane , at a military auction ... he thought the spark plug leads, which were armoured, were diesel injection lines at a brief glance .... He bought a petrol fueled truck :oops: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
none of those are dear Frank ..... and all pretty low hours really
 
Top