Price hike

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
I almost want it too. Bring us all back down to earth but just not sure. Jobs surely are getting to expensive now.
The underdog earns the most in a recession... seemingly fat firms reliant on other peoples money fall.

Trouble is the next one will be Bad.... Really Bad. It's been put off for too long and I'm convinced it'll be a Depression not a Recession.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

The underdog earns the most in a recession... seemingly fat firms reliant on other peoples money fall.

Trouble is the next one will be Bad.... Really Bad. It's been put off for too long and I'm convinced it'll be a Depression not a Recession.
Cheerfull....but probably dangerously accurate ....that will give insulate Britain something to protest about

Furniss

Furniss

So what's the best plan of action going forward into the abyss regarding investment?

Make our paid for kit that it still in good nick carry on working or do we still keep spending and investing ?

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
So what's the best plan of action going forward into the abyss regarding investment?

Make our paid for kit that it still in good nick carry on working or do we still keep spending and investing ?
keep money in bank / safe.

sit and wait it out buy anything you can during the recession. and sit on it.

During 08 dealers were watching machines go through auction for 25k, they had the same machines in yard owing 50... on the way out they were worth 60 due to supply issues. Same as the last year

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

During 08 dealers were watching machines go through auction for 25k, they had the same machines in yard owing 50... on the way out they were worth 60 due to supply issues. Same as the last year
sound plan ...... whoever can ride it out and be there for when it 'goes again' will be best placed to benefit ...... 's all about being there still, at the other end, solvent (y)

doobin

doobin

sound plan ...... whoever can ride it out and be there for when it 'goes again' will be best placed to benefit ...... 's all about being there still, at the other end, solvent (y)
Of course, the problem as ever is this- the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain insolvent!

V8Druid

V8Druid

Of course, the problem as ever is this- the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain insolvent!
I assume you mean solvent ? .... as said the trick is to have sufficient enough reserves to be there at the end of the madness

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I assume you mean solvent ? .... as said the trick is to have sufficient enough reserves to be there at the end of the madness
Tricky to grow a business though if you ain't got a pot of gold tho...risks need to be taken...
Then again we can hope certain large green hire companies buy a s**t load of avants...we can then circle like vultures waiting for them to go Pete tong 😈

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Doobins brain fart reminds me of the old saying when going into a downturn "owe the bank thousands and your in trouble ,owe the bank millions and their in trouble"

There are an awful lot of expensive suited vultures waiting to pick over our carcasses if they can engineer a chance, our job is to dodge them 😀

V8Druid

V8Druid

Tricky to grow a business though if you ain't got a pot of gold tho...risks need to be taken...
Then again we can hope certain large green hire companies buy a s**t load of avants...we can then circle like vultures waiting for them to go Pete tong 😈
grow one in the good times .... and manage the risks to a minimum whilst the sh1t is deep

6feetdown

Just remember Northern Rock and money in the bank!

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

was why I said safe :D

Bugger me, having a senior moment here trying to remember which of the banks was fined for engineering the downfall of some of it's business customers for their own financial gain.

Google searched "bank fined" and lost the will to live 😡

Gunners

Gunners

Radio yesterday was talking about gas nearly doubling in April - not sure what the reason is, something to do with a cap? Materials all going up, fuel still high from the "crisis"... Plenty of money still about it seems but there has to be a point where the average customer simply cant afford to do the work they want to do.
I've been thinking, like @Regy53, we would have had a crash by now, I've discussed it many times with Rory, but personally with the phone ringing the most it ever has in January with new enquiries, I'm starting to wonder if we wont somehow ride it out - with huge inflation no doubt but I've been trying to upgrade the fleet/ buy kit to offset that a little as keeping it in the bank to me seems like a bad idea if it technically is worth less each year if the interest rates stay low. Its an incentive to spend - although not a good one...
Finance is paid on kit, bit of bounce back owed but nothing major. Short of filling the cupboards with baked beans and pasta and welding spikes onto the front bull bar of the defender - I'm as ready as I can be for impending doom!

Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

City of London likes to recruit matheticians/scientists and historians from the best universities.

Wonder what in history they are modelling on.

Don't for a minute believe that our current impending crisis was intended but sure as hell they have worked out how to massively profit from it yonks ago 🤔

S

Smiffy

Radio yesterday was talking about gas nearly doubling in April - not sure what the reason is, something to do with a cap? Materials all going up, fuel still high from the "crisis"... Plenty of money still about it seems but there has to be a point where the average customer simply cant afford to do the work they want to do.
I've been thinking, like @Regy53, we would have had a crash by now, I've discussed it many times with Rory, but personally with the phone ringing the most it ever has in January with new enquiries, I'm starting to wonder if we wont somehow ride it out - with huge inflation no doubt but I've been trying to upgrade the fleet/ buy kit to offset that a little as keeping it in the bank to me seems like a bad idea if it technically is worth less each year if the interest rates stay low. Its an incentive to spend - although not a good one...
Finance is paid on kit, bit of bounce back owed but nothing major. Short of filling the cupboards with baked beans and pasta and welding spikes onto the front bull bar of the defender - I'm as ready as I can be for impending doom!
Bake beans pasta and spikey defenders sounds like it would be more fun than what I think is going to happen.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Bugger me, having a senior moment here trying to remember which of the banks was fined for engineering the downfall of some of it's business customers for their own financial gain.

Google searched "bank fined" and lost the will to live 😡
Lloyds springs to mind as the worst, but there was also a rogue branch of another one, I think it was RBS.