Pot hole Pro

GazCro

GazCro

We can all laugh at it mind but the councils up and down the country will swallow it instead of getting the roads planed out and resurfaced properly.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
We can all laugh at it mind but the councils up and down the country will swallow it instead of getting the roads planed out and resurfaced properly.
doubt it'll be this slick though

T whiting

T whiting

I assume that's the hydrapig with a planer mounted on the blade and a sweeper and pecker on a steel wrist on the dipper that was floating around YouTube before christmas

GazCro

GazCro

I assume that's the hydrapig with a planer mounted on the blade and a sweeper and pecker on a steel wrist on the dipper that was floating around YouTube before christmas
You make it sound so ordinary and boring. They've just reinvented the wheel again ffs 🤣🤣

pettsy

pettsy

Round me they can’t even do a temp repair properly, never mind plane it and resurface. I’m sure these firms who hire out these “miracle” tar and chippings spot repair trucks must be giving backhanders somewhere!!

GazCro

GazCro

Round me they can’t even do a temp repair properly, never mind plane it and resurface. I’m sure these firms who hire out these “miracle” tar and chippings spot repair trucks must be giving backhanders somewhere!!
No different anywhere else either. Biggest problem for the roads now is the make up of the tarmac they use. With all the environment and emissions carry on its not a patch on what it used to be. Its why planings aren't as good as they used to be. Makes me laugh when people go on about melting old upvc windows into it to make super flexible tarmac. They tried it on a road junction near me years ago and dug it back out a few month after. Yeah it was flexible alright it rippled with traffic braking on it

S

Smiffy

The biggest problem with repairing potholes is the stupid permit system and tm required to do it
Those jet patchers can work under mobile works
A lot less hassle
The little patches done properly last well but takes longer to set the signs up than to do the repair

For those that aren't aware a pot hole on a small low traffic road requires 12 signs each one with a sand bag and and cone next to it
Then around 8 cones around the site and and 3+ barriers around the work area
If it's busier the traffic lights and an extra 2 signs required

This takes around 20mins to set up
I reckon an enthusiastic gang could do an 18in square patch in 5 mins
However there is 15min of paperwork
Then pack all the signs up
This means that a foot round hole is an hours work for 3 blokes

It's all the same as the other talk about nhs waste
People are very good at spending money thats not theres

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
It's about f****ng time two things happened..

1) utility companies where actively raped via core sampling and compaction tests.... Most potholes tend to be Utility R&M Scars.
2) potholes where changed in the Big Book of Chapter 8 to a job to be done under mobile works...... Two signs and a Van.....

Neither will happen.

S

Smiffy

It's about f****ng time two things happened..

1) utility companies where actively raped via core sampling and compaction tests.... Most potholes tend to be Utility R&M Scars.
2) potholes where changed in the Big Book of Chapter 8 to a job to be done under mobile works...... Two signs and a Van.....

Neither will happen.

You would have a nightmare trying core hole round here
Been digging in the road today
Each time a new utility had been run they just put it on top of the last
Result being fiber optic 100mm under the surface

And reinstatements will always fail
You can never reinstate using type 1 to a point it won't move
All road trenches should should be filled with dry lean concrete
The only way to get a perfect reinstatement
Also over banding is no longer used as a cyclist slipped on it and fell off
Therefore you will always get a tiny water trap no matter how hard you try