post hole borer

T whiting

T whiting

I had this conversation with someone and the consensus was that it would work but it would be very slow and possibly void the warranty

F

fred

That would abuse the hell out of the tilty. The augertorque drive unit is a big lump and even that bogs down when you a couple foot down and hit something hard.

Wouldnt want to destroy £15k of tilty for a bloody post!

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Am sure i have seen this asked somewhere before but can’t find it now, would it be possible to weld a saddle onto a auger bit and use the @Engcon UK for the rotation?
Short answer - No 😳

The worm drive on a tilty will give you rotational torque, but nowhere near the level of a comparable auger. Last time I looked, a 9t auger would push out between 5.5 and 8KNm of torque and an Engcon is around half that (EC209 - 3700Nm). The rotation on a tilty will allow you to use it as a digging function - as no doubt many on here will testify - but it's not designed for significant breakout - that's where the tilt rams come in. One can use it well for back filling and precise muck placement, as well as grading; but it's not designed as a post hole borer.

I'm pretty sure that augers tend to use planetary gearboxes and these are much more robust for that type of application. Think of the difference between a steering box on a car and the main gearbox itself.

Happy New Year, BTW 🍾

X

xpuser8334

I bought a Digga nit second hand - I use it on my Terex HR12 fantastic unit - would never look back after 300 post and rail fecning posts - however; due to lots of hidden hardcore - the concrete breaker was useful (where I could get in with an extension cable)
Anyway -= Digga - a very affordable great way to go in my book.... (no i don't work for them - I work in IT during the week) - :)

Dr pecker

Dr pecker

I bought a Digga nit second hand - I use it on my Terex HR12 fantastic unit - would never look back after 300 post and rail fecning posts - however; due to lots of hidden hardcore - the concrete breaker was useful (where I could get in with an extension cable)
Anyway -= Digga - a very affordable great way to go in my book.... (no i don't work for them - I work in IT during the week) - :)
There are auger flights you can buy to go through the hardcore and even rock....info only

doobin

doobin

I know a fair bit about the hr12 if you have problems mate. Takes me back, the hr11 was my first machine, in schaeff guise.

D

Davedb

This works well got sick of using a hand held one so made this :LOL:
618CD41B-2B80-4ACE-85E2-347315E8E846.jpeg
89225042-5E01-4B46-8EC4-719CAA5607B9.jpeg

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
did you ever put this up on CEF ... seen one before somewhere and they're a brilliant thing (y):cool:

Left hooker

Left hooker

Short answer - No 😳

The worm drive on a tilty will give you rotational torque, but nowhere near the level of a comparable auger. Last time I looked, a 9t auger would push out between 5.5 and 8KNm of torque and an Engcon is around half that (EC209 - 3700Nm). The rotation on a tilty will allow you to use it as a digging function - as no doubt many on here will testify - but it's not designed for significant breakout - that's where the tilt rams come in. One can use it well for back filling and precise muck placement, as well as grading; but it's not designed as a post hole borer.

I'm pretty sure that augers tend to use planetary gearboxes and these are much more robust for that type of application. Think of the difference between a steering box on a car and the main gearbox itself.

Happy New Year, BTW 🍾
RF system's made a s-type head stock with a large uj under it and augers to fit under the uj