poly strip wheels?

William127

William127

Well-known member
I've used more than my fair share of them- spent a month one January re-skinning 18 generator roofs, each about the size of a shipping container. First job every morning squeegee the roof dry then set to it with one of them, then rustproof it😒😅😅
More recently I've been using them again on various metal work of my own.
They work very well and you can use them till they're virtually non existent. I've not really used a wire brush/sand paper and backing pad on similar jobs to compare unfortunately. I'd say give it a go for what it costs👍
The other thing I'd recommend is even if you normally use a cordless grinder is use a mains one, sanding eats batteries. I bought a cheap Erbaur one, well worth the 34 quid to save wearing out the makita and batteries, and caking it in dust👍👍
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Yeah great for removing gasket material too! Sod using a wirebrush or gasket scraper. You have to go light so you dont mark the surface but leaves an as new finish. I pay the money for the Abraacs ones, rightly or wrongly. I know my neighbour got some cheap ones and they didnt last anywhere near as long.
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
I use them all of the time when I prepare a machine for painting, It gets all the old paint off really quickly especially on Fermec and New Holland machines that look like they were just painted without being primed first.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
have tried a couple, but prefer a cup brush TBH for rust or thick paint ... will really eat it off ;)
 
Top