Please help I'm new and lost

C

Chris84

New member
Hey guys my name is Chris and I'm a regular car mechanic but the shop that I work at just fired their equipment mechanic the guys pulled in a JCB 8085zts midi excavator over the holidays and parked it in front of my bay it will not move front or back the bucket won't move the blade won't move it won't swivel and I'm lost here and I need to get this thing out of my bay the boss wants to know if I'll take a look at it can anybody help me out to what it may need or who I can contact I'm in Savannah Georgia and he may want me to start working on some of this equipment but I know nothing about the stuff im mechanically inclined but just don't have the experience on equipment can somebody please help me
 
Stubota86

Stubota86

Well-known member
Hey guys my name is Chris and I'm a regular car mechanic but the shop that I work at just fired their equipment mechanic the guys pulled in a JCB 8085zts midi excavator over the holidays and parked it in front of my bay it will not move front or back the bucket won't move the blade won't move it won't swivel and I'm lost here and I need to get this thing out of my bay the boss wants to know if I'll take a look at it can anybody help me out to what it may need or who I can contact I'm in Savannah Georgia and he may want me to start working on some of this equipment but I know nothing about the stuff im mechanically inclined but just don't have the experience on equipment can somebody please help me

if nothing is working at all I’d check the safety lever is engaging properly when you push it down
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Sounds like there’s no servo at all, there’s two micro switches on the left hand lever pod I think, both these need to be working.
It’s not had the emergency stop pressed accidentally on the banana bar, has it?
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Just to clarify, are you just trying to move it or fix it and move it? Two different things
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I'm guessing it's obviously been tracked into the position it's currently parked, so'd guess it's dead man (safety cut out @Chris84 ) related ?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Sounds like there’s no servo at all, there’s two micro switches on the left hand lever pod I think, both these need to be working.
It’s not had the emergency stop pressed accidentally on the banana bar, has it?
WTF is "the banana bar" James ?? :unsure:
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
WTF is "the banana bar" James ?? :unsure:
2956DE19-814D-4BEC-8799-B5B57CE0732F.jpeg
 
sjs5060

sjs5060

Well-known member
Has it not got the jcb safety switch at the front right hand side like the mini’s? Ive seen that catch experienced ops out
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Does it start and run? Does it have a key code pad added or a chipped key?
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Some of a certain era made you put the seatbelt on before turning the key, if you didn’t it had a paddy! I seem to remember they ran but everything was dead, had to turn if off and out seatbelt on everytime! They didn’t keep it for long as it was a pita!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Has it not got the jcb safety switch at the front right hand side like the mini’s? Ive seen that catch experienced ops out
yeh Lil Jake has a dead man on both sides ... not caught me yet, but i know it will at some point :rolleyes::giggle:;)
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Some of a certain era made you put the seatbelt on before turning the key, if you didn’t it had a paddy! I seem to remember they ran but everything was dead, had to turn if off and out seatbelt on everytime! They didn’t keep it for long as it was a pita!
Just got a new forklift ..halves the speed with no seatbelt on...engineer and laptop will be getting a call in new year 👍
 
Gecko

Gecko

Well-known member
When in Oz, my driveway is 1km long and I get sick of being 'dinged' at for not wearing a seat belt before I get to the front gate
- this is my solution
1640932441134.png
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
If it starts and the calipso bar is down then Iirc there is a lock button on the little dash on the right 🤔
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
When in Oz, my driveway is 1km long and I get sick of being 'dinged' at for not wearing a seat belt before I get to the front gate
- this is my solution
View attachment 30947
Doesn’t work on them, belt needs to be removed and reinserted.. otherwise everyone would just keep the belt plugged in behind the seat, they have thought long and hard how to create a solution which requires you to pay them to come out and remove it!!
 
Top