Plainings

D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I got 90 ton on a Sunday straight off the belt for about £7/ton delivered , might send it through the crusher next time I have one on hire, it’s good stuff already!
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
Don't know if they still do, the local cemex where crushing the waste tarmac from the batching plant and returned loads, and mixing it with a little crusher run. That went down nice as the tarmac part of the mix had not been already been laid and compacted.
I`ve put plainings down before, in thin`ish layers and using tack between the layers, once compacted that set well (y) .(Only done it as we had access to plenty of tack).
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
My whole yard is planings I got a good 400 tonne last year . It does turn to dust after a while tracking diggers and dozers everywhere but you only need to take of a fine layer. We just moved it elsewhere

the biggest issue is keeping it clean I’m pretty bloody anal about cleanliness in the yard so if a digger comes in muddy we park it where it is and stick a tarpaulin under it and dig it off. I then go around picking up any mud rocks 😂

part of the yard is rock solid from a year ago but the main drag where diggers track won’t set. I think if we laid the site again in some qty like a good few inches and did the diesel trick on a sunny day it might have a chance. But laying a inch on top and then adding the diesel just meant it pulled thatinch layer off.in a clump

this was the drive all built up we had to cut it back initially and had nothing to lay on top it was horribl

C95A4C08-44CD-471C-94C3-097F27E9E809.jpeg


and now, we even had the loading ramp outside
92BC7345-3E00-4565-BB54-541A7EEE35AF.png
 
Last edited:
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We’ve got a couple hundred ton sitting in the corner of the yard been waiting to use to extend the yard hard standing. Just need to get my roller going to be able to do a bit more.
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
You need a wash bay Ross.. I unload everything straight on top of mine and wash straight down before moving into shed/rest of the yard 👌🏻 The only real way to keep it all clean.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Don't know if they still do, the local cemex where crushing the waste tarmac from the batching plant and returned loads, and mixing it with a little crusher run. That went down nice as the tarmac part of the mix had not been already been laid and compacted.
I`ve put plainings down before, in thin`ish layers and using tack between the layers, once compacted that set well (y) .(Only done it as we had access to plenty of tack).


Day aggregates sell this as black eco blend
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
You need a wash bay Ross.. I unload everything straight on top of mine and wash straight down before moving into shed/rest of the yard 👌🏻 The only real way to keep it all clean.

:) we have one its just awkward to get to with a lorry
 
Top