Peljob eb12.4

BigPoppa

BigPoppa

New member
Hello, I have a 1995 peljob eb12.4 (which was replaced by the Volvo EC14 series) at home for small DIY projects. I was slightly ambitious with a log/tree with the grab attachment on and the machine cut out.

Afterwards I had no hydraulics to the arms or slew, only tracks and blade. And the engine would only run for about 15 seconds and shut off.

After some investigation it had blown the glass fuse in the right armrest, the holder was also dropping to bits so I replaced both.
With the engine cutting out I started with the fuel filters and a tank of fresh fuel, still no good. I found there was no power to the fuel pump. I ended up rewiring the fuel pump and now it ticks over and revs well, it's a mitsubishi L3E for reference. But the cut off solenoid stopped working at the same time everything else blew, I haven't got around to it yet but to stop the engine I push the plunger on the end of it, for now.

Also, the safety in the left arm rest has been bypassed since before I owned it.

So, there is a 6 slot fuse box under the seat, and the bottom left 15 amp fuse keeps blowing. When I replace the fuse I have hydraulics on the arms and cab slew briefly, before it pops again.

I downloaded a manual for it assuming there was some kind of electrical solenoid that cuts out the hydraulics, but couldn't find one in the diagrams. Google says there is no solenoid and the hydraulics work off pilot pressure and the pump is directly driven from the flywheel.

Does anyone have any experience with these machines please? Is there a hydraulic solenoid? With maybe a burnt out coil which is blowing the fuse? I can't see anything obvious, and the manual wasn't much use.

Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated 🙏
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20261002-224933_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20261002-224933_Photos.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20261002-225010_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20261002-225010_Photos.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20261002-225040_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20261002-225040_Photos.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20261003-004758_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20261003-004758_Photos.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
JD450A

JD450A

Moderattor🐾
There will be a solinoid that cuts out the hydraulics. It will likely be on the pilot side (hence the pilot controlled items not working).

It's obviously been bypassed to be always live, but I think you are right with your deductions.
 
BigPoppa

BigPoppa

New member
There will be a solinoid that cuts out the hydraulics. It will likely be on the pilot side (hence the pilot controlled items not working).

It's obviously been bypassed to be always live, but I think you are right with your deductions.
Thanks, I've never had one or worked on before so a lot of learning to be done for me 🙏
 
Top