PEL JOB EB10 WIRING

S

SREGOR

New member
Hello, I have just purchased a Pel Job EB10 mini digger, 1986, old but in reasonable condition, ideal for the occasional use I need, hydraulics and engine in good condition but the electrics have been got at in the past by an "expert" so called! Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this digger please? Any help much appreciated.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hello, I have just purchased a Pel Job EB10 mini digger, 1986, old but in reasonable condition, ideal for the occasional use I need, hydraulics and engine in good condition but the electrics have been got at in the past by an "expert" so called! Does anybody have a wiring diagram for this digger please? Any help much appreciated.
at that age and butchered state it'd be easier to start again .... not exactly gonna be much in the way of leccy spaghetti entailed to it :rolleyes:
 
S

SREGOR

New member
at that age and butchered state it'd be easier to start again .... not exactly gonna be much in the way of leccy spaghetti entailed to it :rolleyes:
Thank you for your reply, yes, I plan to replace all the wiring but the problem/question is, is it all as it should be? It's obviously been all moved about and I want to check first if I can, that it is all in the correct place before I refit it all the same way again, hence the search for a wiring diagram. If nobody has a wiring diagram I will have to check it through and make up my own rules! Many Thanks.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thank you for your reply, yes, I plan to replace all the wiring but the problem/question is, is it all as it should be? It's obviously been all moved about and I want to check first if I can, that it is all in the correct place before I refit it all the same way again, hence the search for a wiring diagram. If nobody has a wiring diagram I will have to check it through and make up my own rules! Many Thanks.
well you'll need an engine / charge circuit and then a circuit to control the hydraulic side of things - dead man/servo control and any electrically switched control valves (if it has any), then lighting/wipers/horn/etc. , but all pretty straight forward
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
As druid says. Invest in some decent heat-shrink crimps and a crimp tool and do it properly.

A wiring diagram will be no help in this instance.
 
S

SREGOR

New member
Any pictures of where the problem lays!
Thank you for your message, the digger is primitive by modern standards but works, someone has changed the wiring around, I have no images, it just needs to be checked everything is where it should be. Many Thanks.
 
S

SREGOR

New member
well you'll need an engine / charge circuit and then a circuit to control the hydraulic side of things - dead man/servo control and any electrically switched control valves (if it has any), then lighting/wipers/horn/etc. , but all pretty straight forward
Thank you for your latest reply, compared to modern diggers this is primitive but it works perfectly well except someone has been at the wiring, I need to check it is correct before duplicating it, there is starter, the charge, heater plugs and oil pressure indicators, that's it!! The oil pressure works OK, the heater plugs seem to light the neon all the time and the charging neon is random lighting variable on and off. The digger was unloaded and parked in the shed, the wiring needs to be checked hence my search for a wiring diagram but it looks as if I will have to work it out from scratch, I'm an engineer so I can do this but a wiring diagram would be a good place to start but it looks as if it is not available. Many Thanks.
 
S

SREGOR

New member
As druid says. Invest in some decent heat-shrink crimps and a crimp tool and do it properly.

A wiring diagram will be no help in this instance.
Thank you for your reply, doing the rewire is not a problem. Many Thanks
 
S

SREGOR

New member
Thank you for your latest reply, compared to modern diggers this is primitive but it works perfectly well except someone has been at the wiring, I need to check it is correct before duplicating it, there is starter, the charge, heater plugs and oil pressure indicators, that's it!! The oil pressure works OK, the heater plugs seem to light the neon all the time and the charging neon is random lighting variable on and off. The digger was unloaded and parked in the shed, the wiring needs to be checked hence my search for a wiring diagram but it looks as if I will have to work it out from scratch, I'm an engineer so I can do this but a wiring diagram would be a good place to start but it looks as if it is not available. Many Thanks.
Thank you to everybody who contacted me, I have now tracked down a wiring diagram and other details for the digger on a French website: http://www.manuels.solutions/ As "Pel Job" was a French built digger it was obvious I suppose that the details could be found on a French website, but it took a great deal of searching to find it, it is 1986 so not exactly top of the list! Although it was from France the details were in English, the website operators were very helpful and on receiving the details I have found it is as I suspected, some parts of the wiring loom have been removed/chopped off and what is left is connected up incorrectly! I will now be able to replace the missing and damaged cabling and be sure everything is as it should be, without this wiring detail it would have been very difficult to be sure I had it right. Many Thanks.
 
S

spencer.funnell

New member
Hi, I just bought a EB10, would you mind emailing me the manuals you got on this digger? Thanks
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi, I just bought a EB10, would you mind emailing me the manuals you got on this digger? Thanks
hi Spencer .. welcome to the forum ... an intro is always a good place to start, with a bit of your story, 'fore diving in asking for favours ;):giggle:
 
Top