Paving expert

J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Did you guys know the gaffer of paving expert had passed away. Sad news. Was in 2022. I just found out tonight after visiting the website I hadnt been on there in ages. Was always a great resource hope the website keeps going. I never knew the guy obviously but chatted in some discussions on his forum was always generous with his advice.
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
yes sadly I did, I knew Tony well having been a moderator on the forum there for 10 years or more and done a number of installs/ picture sessions with Tony over the years. alway got an xmas card off him and what wealth of knowledge he's left behind. I preferred the old site but didn't work well with phones etc and he had nightmares with a few web developers. shame someone jump on his band wagon with the addition of a s to expert on the name to sell paving stuff stealing his hard work really.
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
yes sadly I did, I knew Tony well having been a moderator on the forum there for 10 years or more and done a number of installs/ picture sessions with Tony over the years. alway got an xmas card off him and what wealth of knowledge he's left behind. I preferred the old site but didn't work well with phones etc and he had nightmares with a few web developers. shame someone jump on his band wagon with the addition of a s to expert on the name to sell paving stuff stealing his hard work really.
Yeh I liked the old site layout it was proper nostalgia for the early internet pages. Probably still on the wayback machine?
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Yeh I liked the old site layout it was proper nostalgia for the early internet pages. Probably still on the wayback machine?
Just looked on wayback machine and it is. ..as you say much better than the new.
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
No wayback machine for me unfortunately. Or any other decent web pages!
Screenshot_20240403-081257_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
kabin man

kabin man

Well-known member
Yes his site was a goldmine of information that i have used over the years.
A job i was involved with a couple of years back did reach out to Tony for a site survey for a pending visit.
They had a reply with his T+c etc and then a few months later it went quiet. I can assume he was ill at this point.
Its a shame,as i was looking forward to maybe meeting the man himself.

RIP the Expert.
 
Routy56

Routy56

Well-known member
Bought Tony's book when it came out back in 2006. Still use it (and the web site) as a 'go to' reference.
He knew his stuff and would have loved to have met him.
RIP Tony McCormack :cry:
 
kabin man

kabin man

Well-known member
1712169256845.png

01 June 2022 ...
Would of been money well spent as the job was a pigs ear. The M.C. went bust a few months after this. so there was no legal path to follow after all.
The owner spent tens of thousands correcting the shite work eventually.
I will try to find some pics.The work was heartbreaking to look at.
 
Top