opinions about small mini skid loaders

barracane

barracane

Well-known member
opinions about small mini skid loaders

hi, sorry if I disturb you, surfing the net I have seen that small skid loaders are built, without seat and cabin control station. do you think they are useful for small land nurseries or are deadly traps, I don't know if bobcat builds them. let me know, thanks .
what strength have tear penetration, are they able to make a small excavation or would it be better to use a classic mini excavator? let me know personal opinions and experiences thank you
1592471266151.png


1592471288938.png


1592471362850.png


1592471363574.png
1592471387612.png



1592471446026.png
1592471478969.png
1592471506922.png




1592471650949.png


1592471723841.png



 

Attachments

  • 1592471388985.png
    1592471388985.png
    806.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 1592471509298.png
    1592471509298.png
    928.3 KB · Views: 260
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
I am surprised that some good-natured friend did not intervene and said: my children play in the garden or, my children build sand castles by the sea .. strange you went out. let me know which best brand and model on the net of course many Chinese specimens.



1592816478491.png


1592816611926.png
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
I think they look very handy. No direct experience though
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
thanks for your intervention, one last question if I can: ASV loader, was this brand not Terex? he is American, never seen in my part. thanks sorry again if I bothered you. thanks again for your precious time.

??
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
I've used the Ditch Witch and the same landscaper also has the Toro Dingo. Both machines surprised me with how much work you can get done, and he has all the attachments so they are really handy things to have around. The ditch witch is quite a bit bigger than the Toro and outperforms it in almost every way as you would expect. But its a lot bigger so when access gets tight, the little Toro will still do more than its fair share of work.
Quite tiring to drive all day though as you are thrown around a bit on the back.
Negatives I thought were both machines have poor undercarriage components (sprockets, rollers etc) and the Toro snaps a set of tracks a year. And they are not cheap to buy!
 

Attachments

  • 2019-09-10 09.44.44.jpg
    2019-09-10 09.44.44.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 306
S

Steve

Well-known member
I quite like the Kanga kid but I don't think you are getting much for your money compared to either the Avant or Multi-one loaders.
 
barracane

barracane

Well-known member
thanks for your intervention I think in my opinion it is more comfortable and safer to maneuver, the classic bobcat with seat and driving position. I'm wrong?
Australian kanga, never seen and heard.
 
S

Steve

Well-known member
^ Skidster clicky thing.

Small & compact but with a max 20hp.
 
Last edited:
R

Russell

Well-known member
How much hp or flow do you need for a decent stump grinder?
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
How much hp or flow do you need for a decent stump grinder?
About 50 l/min minimum

A stump grinder will always be used in one operating position, so I would make one for use on a digger have it’s own engine.
 
F

fred

Well-known member
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
I wonder if those auger grinders are as good as the flywheel type? Certainly smash less windows. Can you get 50l a min out of a power pack? Think my ancient bever is 20 l a min. It would be good if you could make a micro in to a grinder for the limited access jobs.
 
Last edited:
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I wonder if those auger grinders are as good as the flywheel type? Certainly smash less windows. Can you get 50l a min out of a power pack? Think my ancient bever is 20 l a min.
Doubt it basically just drill a hole in the middle and then you've got what's left all round the outside. At least with a proper stump grinder you can turn the whole thing to bits. You need a lot of oil flow to match not a lot of hp from an engine.
 
Top