OOPS

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Thought I start a thread about mishaps you have done or seen:)

I’ll start the the first two are from about a mile from my house the crane just caught the soft verge on a bit of narrow road on a very slight bend the road was closed for a week till they got it sorted A2CA5E8B-9128-4417-9700-BCE78809E274.jpegC6CCD62B-C661-47D2-ACD8-F04B1E9C6C33.jpeg
And these two are from a pals yard, he had hired this machine from a local company then found a soft spot, then he called me to extract it took about an hour to dig around the slew ring to attach the chain, then a loaded 8 wheeler hooked to a 18 ton loading shovel and with me at the controls of the digger managed to pull it out70AD9EB6-9AEB-405D-B124-4E71D3CFBBD6.jpegBF098384-7D09-4C0C-9D34-1B5B30F1DD9C.jpeg

Mogman

Mogman

This was my doing:eek: my old Volvo 860 laying down
1BF58D87-A03A-4FB2-B248-124500858A69.jpeg
Soon had it back on her feet though with the help of my 13 tonner(y)

Conor

Conor

Driver found an old septic tank (empty luckily 😂) and down she went. Got it leveled up by digging under the front wheel and eventually got to a stage where we could lift it with the bucket and shove itself back. Driver nearly s**t himself 😂
5FF02994-B650-4447-AF3E-46AA539A22F6.jpeg
A04FC695-D3BE-410F-8471-DFE1FECFF4CD.jpeg

Gunners

Gunners

Definitely getting a "cleaning charge" on that machine when she goes back!

Mogman

Mogman

Definitely getting a "cleaning charge" on that machine when she goes back!
If it wasn’t for the boom resting on that lump of concrete it would have been a lot worse:oops:

K

Komatsu

This was from the A1M upgrade job I was on, we all told him wouldn’t get underneath🙄
77B52224-A731-4B28-B6AB-E852F6E46B9F.jpeg

K

Komatsu

The thing was, that bridge was the width of the A1 north and south, and it was so obvious that the ground was rising up, left a right dent in the drum when it got pulled out.

Mark

Mark

The thing was, that bridge was the width of the A1 north and south, and it was so obvious that the ground was rising up, left a right dent in the drum when it got pulled out.
Could have let the air out the back tyres to help lower it a little.

K

Komatsu

Still wouldn’t of been enough, there’s still at least another 300/400 to go to top of hopper....driver wanted air letting out of his head!!😂

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thought I start a thread about mishaps you have done or seen:)

I’ll start the the first two are from about a mile from my house the crane just caught the soft verge on a bit of narrow road on a very slight bend the road was closed for a week till they got it sorted View attachment 880View attachment 881
And these two are from a pals yard, he had hired this machine from a local company then found a soft spot, then he called me to extract it took about an hour to dig around the slew ring to attach the chain, then a loaded 8 wheeler hooked to a 18 ton loading shovel and with me at the controls of the digger managed to pull it outView attachment 882View attachment 883

similar scenario Mog .... Feb. this year, on a bitch of a road not far from me:oops: ..... used to hate it in a 45 Grove .... seriously tight ... crane was only 6" wider than a truck but .... :( ..... 6" is a lot when you meet a commercial :rolleyes: ...... this un'd have been 10ft wide :eek:
1535919672036.png

1535920037152.png

.... lot more pix here ..... and on CEF :rolleyes:

Mogman

Mogman

Yes saw the pictures 😉
The crane near me, they totally closed the road, had to sneak up on it to take the pictures as was a local company who were a bit embarrassed to say the least

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes saw the pictures 😉
The crane near me, they totally closed the road, had to sneak up on it to take the pictures as was a local company who were a bit embarrassed to say the least

not as embarrassed enough to do an Ainscough and get all the signage covered up with black poly though Mog :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Mogman

Mogman

One of my mates skip truck didn’t quite fit under the bridge 0554E65A-90A4-4E11-AA1D-20F09F39D2C1.jpegA0A5D0D2-748F-4A74-8967-A9D4D9E99311.jpeg
He asked me if I could straighten it :unsure: alas it had crease the main arm at the bottom so had to be replaced:rolleyes: only had to wait 10 weeks for it to arrive:oops:

Conor

Conor

Few more that I have posted on the other place. Some side tipping action on a job from last year we imported around 1.5 million cube to site had average of 400 trucks a day 9 trucks went over in all as well as a few minor collisions 🙈 Afghan and Pakistani drivers are mental
CEE3B87F-7123-4ED9-8301-C17437B84746.jpeg
00153B7C-D0C8-4D02-AA13-BADD20DDE47D.jpeg
182A8A91-1B6B-4EE1-8626-B2B6BE7AD8EB.jpeg
A529EA5A-EA81-4126-9FD3-09F80BAF9936.jpeg

Mogman

Mogman

Had a call a few months back to see if I could help this company out:unsure:
They had been carrying a 2.5 ton lump on a set of chains but instead of moving a machine out of the way decided to lift over it, so extended the boom to about 10 meters then drove over a bump in the ground which made the operator brake a bit which swung the load out a bit which did this
23911C96-531E-4B47-9259-EF1D2003B990.jpeg

Managed to get it back down with my trusty manitou:D

Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Had a call a few months back to see if I could help this company out:unsure:
They had been carrying a 2.5 ton lump on a set of chains but instead of moving a machine out of the way decided to lift over it, so extended the boom to about 10 meters then drove over a bump in the ground which made the operator brake a bit which swung the load out a bit which did thisView attachment 1753
Managed to get it back down with my trusty manitou:D

When my hapless employee tipped my loader on its nose, quite how I will never know, I opened the door and asked him what the feck he was doing up there? :ROFLMAO: He’s asked me what he should do, “how do I get it down?”.......I was very concerned about breaking the back axle, as I’d heard of people doing damage when they hit the deck, so I said, “well, we’ve got to be careful, don’t want to break anything, it’s very important we carry out a managed decent.....”, he promptly climbed down from the cab, still white as a sheet and shaking like a leaf, and let me do it! :ROFLMAO:

My biggest regret was not filming the moment I opened the door, he was sweating like you’ve never seen and shaking like a wacker plate! Absolutely bloody priceless moment right there, and I failed to film it......idiot.....

Last edited: