Office printer

Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
Fed up with the HP printer ripoff of 300€ every year in cartridges and as we are due some new cartridges its the time to change, seems like the supertank printers are the way to get best value least hassle , but searching leads you down a rabbit hole that sucks the life out of you.
Anyone got a tank printer and could recommend it ?
Front tray, scan,copy - no photos just office stuff.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Fed up with the HP printer ripoff of 300€ every year in cartridges and as we are due some new cartridges its the time to change, seems like the supertank printers are the way to get best value least hassle , but searching leads you down a rabbit hole that sucks the life out of you.
Anyone got a tank printer and could recommend it ?
Front tray, scan,copy - no photos just office stuff.
have had an HP laserjet for donkey's years ... cartridge does well over 1000+ pages and were a fiver a time last time I bought a couple from Viking - only B+W though
used to use a tank fed A0 printer for drawings which'd also do photo quality colour, but haven't even re-connected that since I cleared it from my office in work - they'll all have dried up by now :(
ditto my A3 bubblejet HPs ... were damned good printers though .. but as said, expensive on consumables to run
 
Last edited:
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
have had an HP laserjet for donkey's years ... cartridge does well over 1000+ pages and were a fiver a time last time I bought a couple from Viking - only B+W though
Yep. Just get LaserJet for office stuff. Make sure network version
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
we have a oki laserjet in the office and i have just litrally today taken delivery from viking for a new printer for my office . Went with brother, ink isnt so cheap but its full colour and will last me a year plus
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I upgraded so it scans and all that jazz. Real nice printer setup in no time and ink while expensive it won’t need a lot

 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I upgraded so it scans and all that jazz. Real nice printer setup in no time and ink while expensive it won’t need a lot

cartridges ain't cheap, are they, but suppose compared to 100-ish page bubble jet cartridges they ain't so bad really
's a fair lump though :unsure:
I rarely need to print colour, so'll stick with me old laserjet, 'til it dies ...
 
Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
That why i was wondering if anyone had one of these refillable inkjets, ink bottles are cheap and do 5000 pages or more - initial outlay is more exp as the hardware isnt subsidised by the exp cartridges.
cartridges ain't cheap, are they, but suppose compared to 100-ish page bubble jet cartridges they ain't so bad really
's a fair lump though :unsure:
I rarely need to print colour, so'll stick with me old laserjet, 'til it dies ...
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
It is all relative to how much you print, for example il put a xl black cartridge in and that should do 3000 plus pages . Not terrible for 100 quid
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
The oki printer we use in the main office gets some serious usage three staff and all workshop pdi forms , in forms, out forms, and we haven’t stuck in in her in a year plus
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
The oki printer we use in the main office gets some serious usage three staff and all workshop pdi forms , in forms, out forms, and we haven’t stuck in in her in a year plus

Is it not worth getting an app for all the forms ??
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve a A3 /A4 HP officejet, it eats cartridges.. Mrs loves to print EVERYTHING.. 🤬
know that feeling ... she pays for her own bubblejet cartridges ....... at silly prices ... must be two years since I swapped a cartridge in me laserjet
My old HP A3/A4s were better on cartridge life than the A4 all in one in my old office :unsure::unsure:
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Is it not worth getting an app for all the forms ??
Probably
I then need it specially made
I need 8 pdas and to teach people how they work
It’s on the to do list as we seem to be doing more and more .

Some forms like export paperwork go with a machine pack, the pack follows the machine around the yard as such and then is filed once finished . Paperwork is boring
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Probably
I then need it specially made
I need 8 pdas and to teach people how they work
It’s on the to do list as we seem to be doing more and more .

Some forms like export paperwork go with a machine pack, the pack follows the machine around the yard as such and then is filed once finished . Paperwork is boring

I was recommended safety culture by @kabin man and have started to implement it.
It's free and you can create your own forms.
You set the questions and choose how to answer from a choice of
Multiple choice
Tick box
Text box
Number with unit
Location (done from tablets GPS)
Time and date
Photo/media upload
Name and signature

Plus probably a few more.
The final sheet can be viewed from the office. Certain answers can be flagged up or trigger further questions and then a button to download as pdf.
We have been scanning reems of paperwork but it's inevitably dirty and scrunched up and the auto feed scanner gets upset by it.
And nice being able to upload photo proof onto forms that was separate before.
 
Top