New VW Amarok

Left hooker

Left hooker

Well-known member
Nearly bought an l200 yesterday until I realised only 3.1t tow capacity, shame as it was a good buy from someone I know
Was that the newest model as long as it's a 3 axle trailer you can do 3.5t
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Still little information about these, the new ranger has been released with a ‘build your own’ option on the website, obviously a very similar truck to give an idea. I’d like to hope the vw equivalent is finished off nicer inside.. can’t really expect much more over and above the Ford in all honesty!
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
My dad bought a 19 plate 3.2 wildtrack after someone wiped out his amorak all I can say is ranger drivers must be loyal or limited in dealerships, hateful things. He’s back in a manual rok at 77 instead of the ranger which is sat in the yard 😂
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Must admit looking through auto trader the only brand new stock of pickups available is of Ford rangers.. sat in nearly every dealerships forecourt 🤔
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Must admit looking through auto trader the only brand new stock of pickups available is of Ford rangers.. sat in nearly every dealerships forecourt 🤔
Hence why they so common...
I've got the rok and we've two rangers also ...just had brand new one delivered (current style)..I'm with Giles after a rok they just feel crap and rear tray feels small.
Have to say new one looks ok dealer reckons may at the earliest...so read that July 🤣
As for the new amarok 🤣🤣 December?? I was told July but..
It will be a toss up between the two until we know hard facts...for me the VW dealer and support is light years ahead of ford tho
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Must admit looking through auto trader the only brand new stock of pickups available is of Ford rangers.. sat in nearly every dealerships forecourt 🤔

But they all seem to be top spec. No middle of the road stuff. There are a few new isuzus about and they are in all specs. I need a new pickup I have done for ages. But I need to be euro 6 and I just can't work out what to do.
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
But they all seem to be top spec. No middle of the road stuff. There are a few new isuzus about and they are in all specs. I need a new pickup I have done for ages. But I need to be euro 6 and I just can't work out what to do.
Get one of these - you won’t miss your pickup (unless you need to get into height restricted car parks, in which case don’t get one!).
CCED3C5A-56A9-4538-8B77-6F8ECA3B6B5D.jpeg
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Get one of these - you won’t miss your pickup (unless you need to get into height restricted car parks, in which case don’t get one!).
View attachment 43386

I don't have that many tools tbh. A super cab with decent canopy would do be fine. Plus it's a family vehicle at the weekend and I go shooting in it. I just begrudge paying so much just to be euro 6. I would quite happily run a 15 year old truck otherwise.
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
I don't have that many tools tbh. A super cab with decent canopy would do be fine. Plus it's a family vehicle at the weekend and I go shooting in it. I just begrudge paying so much just to be euro 6. I would quite happily run a 15 year old truck otherwise.
Being able to stand up and get changed, and hang stuff up to dry is a game changer!
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
My dad bought a 19 plate 3.2 wildtrack after someone wiped out his amorak all I can say is ranger drivers must be loyal or limited in dealerships, hateful things. He’s back in a manual rok at 77 instead of the ranger which is sat in the yard 😂
If its Sliver I might be interested 🤣
 
Top