New VW Amarok

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The l200 is a 2013 97k 5 speed with canopy around 8.5 I think he wants gutted on the towing capacity would make a good work truck
the D-max was well cheap, looking about at what's out there and no 'crap' on it at that age .... she'd have got used to driving it :giggle:
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
the D-max was well cheap, looking about at what's out there and no 'crap' on it at that age .... she'd have got used to driving it :giggle:
They rust like all pickups and may appear at first glance not too bad but when you know where to look.........
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They rust like all pickups and may appear at first glance not too bad but when you know where to look.........
know what you mean, but had a pretty good crawl about underneath it Gaz ... not my first rodeo ;)... was remarkably tidy TBH .. been trying to find a few pix of it, but gone from both their sales sites
by crap I meant adblue, etc.
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
been trying to find a few pix of it, but gone from both their sales sites
by crap I meant adblue, etc.

Will have a DPF rather than adblue. Also have issues with Diesel diluting the oil.

On a side note, i walk past a single cab l200 in at a local small dealer, thought they were fairly rare but doesn’t seem to have sold.
 
Last edited:
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
How do you find the tow bar height?
Mine has a factory fitted towbar and imo it`s too high, and only has 1 pair of bolt holes, so no adjustment. With the plant trailer you had to watch where you park, otherwise you couldn't drop the ramp, worse when loaded.
Those sliding adjustable height hitch I looked at said they needed 4 bolt fixing, so where out. I've changed the plant trailer to a ring hitch, so it runs a bit more level, anything on a ball is still too high.
Also doesn't like LED trailer lights.
Tow height works for me, but you can get spacers to drop the tow ball down. I had to do that on my van and it seems to work fine.
I don't have any issues with LEDs.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Tow height works for me, but you can get spacers to drop the tow ball down. I had to do that on my van and it seems to work fine.
I don't have any issues with LEDs.
don't show up on the dash in the P38 :( .... can't tell if they'm working or not, on the move
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member
3.2. Don't buy the 2 if you want to tow. I know someone who did and they ended up selling it as it didn't have enough guts, regardless of what it is rated at.
Had the 2.0 as a courtesy car when the 3.2 was getting the chassis done, it towed a lot better than I thought it would but the 3.2 is better. 2.0 is also worse on fuel than the 3.2
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thats why you do your walkround before setting off!
aye .... 's fine 'til they stop 'en route' and plod says "right ho" when you say they were working when you left :rolleyes: ... the dash lights're real handy to have, especially the indy repeater
 
A

Alan caddy

Well-known member
aye .... 's fine 'til they stop 'en route' and plod says "right ho" when you say they were working when you left :rolleyes: ... the dash lights're real handy to have, especially the indy repeater
Local car accessory shop sells inline resistors for putting into indicator circuit so vehicle tell tales work
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
I think they only really tell you that the resister is working though not the indicator

I think technically they aren't there to say if its working. It's there to remind you, you are towing a trailer when you go round a corner Incase you forget
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Found some better info on here, basically it’s a ford chasis engine/gearbox and main tub, all interior is VW with external panels vw design too.
Quite like the Pan america model(hate the name!)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
know what you mean, but had a pretty good crawl about underneath it Gaz ... not my first rodeo ;)... was remarkably tidy TBH .. been trying to find a few pix of it, but gone from both their sales sites
by crap I meant adblue, etc.
But I found 'em :giggle:;)
1664310667473.png

1664310700306.png

1664310735655.png
1664310760198.png
1664310779039.png
1664310802613.png
1664310818127.png
1664310832704.png
1664310846815.png
1664310946813.png
1664310965165.png
1664310985337.png

well PO-ed ... very tidy for a 10 yr old truck
 
Top