New VW Amarok

D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Some more photos and details have been released over the last few days, who’s interested?
I’m aware it’s based on the new ranger, not sure how much of them is shared - chassis, body or whole lot different badge?


 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Some more photos and details have been released over the last few days, who’s interested?
I’m aware it’s based on the new ranger, not sure how much of them is shared - chassis, body or whole lot different badge?


Very interested.
Not sure if want one of the first ones though...
I actually think the ranger looks better...some nice looking ones appearing with proper wheels and tyres over in NZ.
Proper engine lineup as well 👌
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Some more photos and details have been released over the last few days, who’s interested?
I’m aware it’s based on the new ranger, not sure how much of them is shared - chassis, body or whole lot different badge?


Start at 40 plus k I rekon
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Nearly bought an l200 yesterday until I realised only 3.1t tow capacity, shame as it was a good buy from someone I know
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Some more photos and details have been released over the last few days, who’s interested?
I’m aware it’s based on the new ranger, not sure how much of them is shared - chassis, body or whole lot different badge?


I'm waiting to see but expect lower end models to be 100% ford and higher spec to have a bit more vw. I expect that may only amount to one engine and the 'permanent 4wd option'.
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
It will be down to who offers the best deal then. I'm happy with my Ranger Wildtrack, but would have no objection to a VW if it was a better deal when I buy my next one.
Do you tow with it?
If so any good?
 
Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Do you tow with it?
If so any good?
I do atleast 35,000 miles a year towing, mostly around the 3500kg. Tows it easily, although I do have a good trailer. Highly recommend it. Auto box and cruise control work great towing. Launch control is the business for hill starts. On the move switching between two and four wheel drive is nice as well. Comfy seats and climate control - what more could you ask for? Would never go back to a defender. It gave me a bad back from the crap seats and had serious problems stopping, especially in the wet.
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
I do atleast 35,000 miles a year towing, mostly around the 3500kg. Tows it easily, although I do have a good trailer. Highly recommend it. Auto box and cruise control work great towing. Launch control is the business for hill starts. On the move switching between two and four wheel drive is nice as well. Comfy seats and climate control - what more could you ask for? Would never go back to a defender. It gave me a bad back from the crap seats and had serious problems stopping, especially in the wet.
How do you find the tow bar height?
Mine has a factory fitted towbar and imo it`s too high, and only has 1 pair of bolt holes, so no adjustment. With the plant trailer you had to watch where you park, otherwise you couldn't drop the ramp, worse when loaded.
Those sliding adjustable height hitch I looked at said they needed 4 bolt fixing, so where out. I've changed the plant trailer to a ring hitch, so it runs a bit more level, anything on a ball is still too high.
Also doesn't like LED trailer lights.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
How do you find the tow bar height?
Mine has a factory fitted towbar and imo it`s too high, and only has 1 pair of bolt holes, so no adjustment. With the plant trailer you had to watch where you park, otherwise you couldn't drop the ramp, worse when loaded.
Those sliding adjustable height hitch I looked at said they needed 4 bolt fixing, so where out. I've changed the plant trailer to a ring hitch, so it runs a bit more level, anything on a ball is still too high.
Also doesn't like LED trailer lights.

If it's your own trailers then spacer blocks are available to lift the coupling setup higher off the trailer chassis
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
I do atleast 35,000 miles a year towing, mostly around the 3500kg. Tows it easily, although I do have a good trailer. Highly recommend it. Auto box and cruise control work great towing. Launch control is the business for hill starts. On the move switching between two and four wheel drive is nice as well. Comfy seats and climate control - what more could you ask for? Would never go back to a defender. It gave me a bad back from the crap seats and had serious problems stopping, especially in the wet.
3.2 or 2.0 litre?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Nearly bought an l200 yesterday until I realised only 3.1t tow capacity, shame as it was a good buy from someone I know
Rory rang me a couple of weeks ago to tell me the local garage had a very tidy D-max just came on their website/FB listings ... got down there the following morning, to find a guy already eyeballing it, who they eventually took a deposit off :cry: .... had a good look round it whilst he was and it was well tidy, local owner 112k on a 12/13 plate IIRC very straight - sadly white - covered back, liner, leather, AC, think 6 sp? ..... £7k ..... told Ashley if the punter didn't take it to ring me and I'd come back for it ... well PO-ed I missed it
 
craig

craig

Well-known member
If it's your own trailers then spacer blocks are available to lift the coupling setup higher off the trailer chassis
I got some blocks from IW to do that, but the brake rod was rubbing the spare wheel carrier, when the hitch was lifted up on them.
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
Rory rang me a couple of weeks ago to tell me the local garage had a very tidy D-max just came on their website/FB listings ... got down there the following morning, to find a guy already eyeballing it, who they eventually took a deposit off :cry: .... had a good look round it whilst he was and it was well tidy, local owner 112k on a 12/13 plate IIRC very straight - sadly white - covered back, liner, leather, AC, think 6 sp? ..... £7k ..... told Ashley if the punter didn't take it to ring me and I'd come back for it ... well PO-ed I missed it
The l200 is a 2013 97k 5 speed with canopy around 8.5 I think he wants gutted on the towing capacity would make a good work truck
 
Top