New to this site.

B

Big fish

New member
Hi all.i wanted to say I'm big fish. I'm new to this site and I would like some advice. I'm thinking on doing my above 10ton 360 ticket. Can anyone recommend any training providers in hampshire. Also when I get my red card would people take on a newby so I can get experience. Many thanks and all the best. Big fish.
 
JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
Hi all.i wanted to say I'm big fish. I'm new to this site and I would like some advice. I'm thinking on doing my above 10ton 360 ticket. Can anyone recommend any training providers in hampshire. Also when I get my red card would people take on a newby so I can get experience. Many thanks and all the best. Big fish.
What experience do you have already, what are you hoping the ticket leads to and why are you changing from what your doing 🤔
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
welcome Boyo .... what do you do currently ?
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Are working for a company or self employed? there's funding available and a good training center will walk you through it
 
Gunners

Gunners

Well-known member
Hi all.i wanted to say I'm big fish. I'm new to this site and I would like some advice. I'm thinking on doing my above 10ton 360 ticket. Can anyone recommend any training providers in hampshire. Also when I get my red card would people take on a newby so I can get experience. Many thanks and all the best. Big fish.
I would recommend the CISTC in Crondall, near Farnham. They were straightforward to deal with and have proper classrooms in an actual building so you're not freezing your arse off in a portacabin.
 
B

Big fish

New member
I would recommend the CISTC in Crondall, near Farnham. They were straightforward to deal with and have proper classrooms in an actual building so you're not freezing your arse off in a portacabin.
Hi. I'm a hgv1 driver at the moment. I'm in southampton. I want a career change. Thanks big fish.
 
B

Big fish

New member
What experience do you have already, what are you hoping the ticket leads to and why are you changing from what your doing 🤔
I want a new career. I'm an hgv1 driver.im in southampton. I'd like to get my ticket and get some experience under my belt. Cheers big fish.
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
If your an hgv driver the best thing you can do is get on as a plant lorry driver for either a hire firm or a smaller civils/groundworks company running its own fleet of machines
This way you can spend a year or so getting used to machines as you load and unload them
If it's a firm with there own tippers aswell there will quite often be loading lorry's by excavator and the like
This will give you a head start as doing your machine tickets does not leave you nearly as prepared for the working world as doing hgv license
And there isn't the transferable knowledge that you have when going from car to hgv
 
B

Big fish

New member
If your an hgv driver the best thing you can do is get on as a plant lorry driver for either a hire firm or a smaller civils/groundworks company running its own fleet of machines
This way you can spend a year or so getting used to machines as you load and unload them
If it's a firm with there own tippers aswell there will quite often be loading lorry's by excavator and the like
This will give you a head start as doing your machine tickets does not leave you nearly as prepared for the working world as doing hgv license
And there isn't the transferable knowledge that you have when going from car to hgv
Cheers.
 
Top