NEW EXCAVATOR HYDRAULIC PUMP NOISE

D

Drew

HYDRAULIC PUMP NOISE AFTER START

Is it normal for a new excavator to have a noise coming from the hydraulic pump when cold(after first start every time even if it’s been used then say for 1 hour)
I’m sure when the machine first was used it never made the noise, it seemed to start after the fitter came out to fix a small leak. The noise is like a grumble and sometimes the machine judders.
I’m just want to make sure it’s not some cavitation or anything els that could cause some pump damage from excess wear. The fitter seems to think it’s normal but I don’t want it to bite us in the arse when the warranty expires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

craig

craig

HYDRAULIC PUMP NOISE AFTER START

Is it normal for a new excavator to have a noise coming from the hydraulic pump when cold(after first start every time even if it’s been used then say for 1 hour)
I’m sure when the machine first was used it never made the noise, it seemed to start after the fitter came out to fix a small leak. The noise is like a grumble and sometimes the machine judders.
I’m just want to make sure it’s not some cavitation or anything els that could cause some pump damage from excess wear. The fitter seems to think it’s normal but I don’t want it to bite us in the arse when the warranty expires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I may seem obvious, but did they top the oil up after fixing the leak?
If its a small machine it wont take much of a leak to run low.

D

DaveDCB

Whatever machine it is it’s not normal and should be addressed. will be interested to hear the brand, I’m guessing Chinese micro.
I’m interested to see which manufacture is fobbing this off as normal, thus to avoid them 😂

D

DaveDCB

Try and get a video of it, will soon tell you if it’s normal or not.

I had a machine once with a poor hydraulic pump and had it replaced(and loss of other bits!), new one was a closed centre and that was a lot louder, but much better pump & setup than the previous one.

D

Drew

Try and get a video of it, will soon tell you if it’s normal or not.

I had a machine once with a poor hydraulic pump and had it replaced(and loss of other bits!), new one was a closed centre and that was a lot louder, but much better pump & setup than the previous one.
Tried to get one today. Sod’s Law it didn’t make the noise 🤔

D

DaveDCB

Would a blocked pilot filter then cause issues in the main hydraulic filter?

The pilot filters never seem to get swapped & are nearly impossible to find sometimes!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

The pilot filters never seem to get swapped & are nearly impossible to find sometimes!
only had a few hour's use Dave :oops: ... could be a check valve or main PRV playing up 'praps ......
this (bloody pic won't load :mad: Doosan DX63) had a check valve issue on the boom cylinder that was making some very strange noises when it arrived

Last edited:
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!

Not sure on that machine if it’s a remote pilot filter or in the supply to the servo lever hoses?

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not sure on that machine if it’s a remote pilot filter or in the supply to the servo lever hoses?
'Drema has the servo filter in the block with the dead man solenoid cut off, which supplies all of my servo circuits - sticks, boom pedal, rotate pedal, blade/legs lever, axle locks, brake pedal, slew lock and transmission motor/2 x 2 speed box and is a washable item
can't put up a pic ... won't load :cry: