New buckets

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
I don’t have anything to weigh it with but it’s a fair lump, 40kg max I reckon. Got some pics though.
Well I'm surprised to see that yellow blade with the markings on it, I thought you were using a nice sturdy rope with some Knott's tied here and there. 😉

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

Well I'm surprised to see that yellow blade with the markings on it, I thought you were using a nice sturdy rope with some Knott's tied here and there. 😉

I found the yellow thing, not quite sure what it’s for though 🤷🏻‍♂️Must be some kind of new technology.

doobin

doobin

Spent yesterday on the micro with the 1.5t 24" bucket with flat blade. Some delicate work, stripping turf on a path, most of the time with the tracks right in. It was a pig to handle.

Can't wait to get a set of proper micro buckets. Here's the micro weight sheet that Strickland sent me.

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 09.51.17.png

Weight doesn't mean heavy duty. It just means that a 'pile 'em high' bucket manufaturer can't be arsed to design the correct bucket.

Like that **** at Bucket Warehouse who sent me a three tonne 9" bucket on 30mm pins for a 1.5t machine.

#bucketwarehouse

wee_gus

wee_gus

I buy and sell Bulldogg attachment buckets for my customers.

One of them was on a job last year where they were wearing out cat 205 and 215 tips out in 2 days.

For the price of the buckets I couldn’t believe how they stood upto it with minimal wear

pettsy

pettsy

Can't wait to get a set of proper micro buckets. Here's the micro weight sheet that Strickland sent me.

View attachment 9090

Weight doesn't mean heavy duty. It just means that a 'pile 'em high' bucket manufaturer can't be arsed to design the correct bucket.

Had I realised how heavy it would be I would have looked for an alternative like above, lesson learnt.

pettsy

pettsy

Just to reopen this, I tried the rhinox bucket on the e10 last weekend and it feels horrible. I rang Strickland this morning and not long after had an email back with the following attachment. 24”/600mm is £138 plus vat and delivery.

55ED0EC4-6E2D-4F46-BDAA-3A626EE6A277.jpeg

I also spoke to Whites, who do some specifically for the e8/10, and their 24”/600mm is 27kg and is £185 plus vat and delivery.

Last edited:
doobin

doobin

Go Strickland. Whites stuff is cheap and nasty. Bit of mig wire everywhere, pins painted, thrown together in a hurry. It's small details but it adds up. Strickland use bolt on reversible blades for their graders- Whites weld on so you can't change them round. I got some blade edges delivered with my 2.7t Whites buckets so I could take the teeth off and add a blade when digging near services etc. They use allen key bolts which of course are full of s**t when you want to change them, and you know how easily and allen key rounds off and how much effort it is to shift a rusty bucket tooth nut. Strickland use coach bolts- piece of piss to change.

Stickland priced me bucket edges as extras for my coming micro set, and they weren't expensive at all. Dirt cheap in fact. I'd reccomend you spec these too

Caveat- I'm hoping Strickland are still as good as when I bought my Hyundai set three years ago!

Hg2702

Hg2702

I’ve got a Mis-mash of buckets mostly whites a few BMC, Harford, dig bits and a recently added abiljo riddle bucket can’t fault any of them to be fair have had rhinox custom buckets very heavy duty but did the job 💪🏽 Strickland buckets seem to be popular with Morris Leslie and they are a nice bucket ! Weights look good to 👍🏽

pettsy

pettsy

This arrivethis afternoon. At 30kg its far better suited to the E10 I’d say (y)

500032F6-2625-42CC-B19B-50F95A47188F.jpeg8F6B9E17-68F2-4F7A-9932-E75D2A6395C9.jpeg

B

Brendan

My dx10z came with whites buckets they seem ok, think my 600mm is around 30kg.

@doobin get yourself one of those DeWalt 18v 1/2" impact wrenches mine has been great and not manages to strip any hex bolts yet.... At least not that side, I have managed to strip threads on the other side

doobin

doobin

I have 3/4 and 1/2 makita impact wrenches. They are great. However the fact remains that it’s a s**t system for bucket blades. Bolts are always rusty, and require a serious amount of torque from the 3/4 gun to undo. Held by the square of a coach bolt, it’s a piece of piss. Held by a poxy Allen key, which you have to hold in your hand and suffer the vibrations, or hold tight enough that it then strips the head, it’s a f****ng joke. 🤦‍♂️

I guess I could use a 1/2” Allen socket on the impact gun, but it’s the ‘wrong’ way around (always best to use the gun on the nut rather than the bolt) and it could have been made so much easier just by punching a square hole and using a coach bolt. Like I said, it’s the little things. Plus you have to clean the Allen head out thoroughly before you can undo it either way. With a coach bolt you just press it with a finger!

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
I have a very expensive suppidly great milwakee gun 1/2 inch and it wont touch them. You can heat them up with a plumbers torch which does help but you need air or cut them off and start again

B

Brendan

What sort of power is the Makita or Milwaukee?
The DeWalt is 950nm max torque and 1650nm undo

pettsy

pettsy

Comparison between Strickland and rhinox ( who I’m still waiting to ring me back from last week to confirm I was actually sent the correct bucket 🙄)
EAE8F78F-18D3-44C0-BDDE-94ACF37D5166.jpegCF5A389C-7649-4449-825D-50827B3E04AE.jpeg

B

Brendan

Finally got my 900mm for my dx10z and it's off a dx19