diggerjones
Well-known member
Are these any good. What should I bid.
From memory they don't have a battery so you don't need to worry about investing in a trickle chargerIt is new. 1 load of horse s**t. I bid £500 as a starting bid. But i think i will go to £800. I don't need it but if cheap its worth buying
Yup. For the right job they are fantastic. Last uses for mine were moving slabs into back garden (not really anything much better on the market for this along with the flatbed attachment) and moving concrete from the lorry up a steep ramp.One of those items you take to a job if someone else is gonna be using it. I've used mine once in the last 10 years but it was a job which suited it perfectly and between mine and one i borrowed we had about 160 ton dug out of a garden up a very steep path only just wide enough and tipped on roadside to be taken away.
And for 800 quid it’s something else in the armoury that if you need it for a day you’d be making instead of hiring but again it’s all horses for courses not something you’d have out every dayWell if it comes home for less than £800 it will be good. My cash is better in a machine than under the mattressI've got a few builder mates that can hire it
Mine turns fine on turf tyres. With all these power barrows, the point is that they balance well so you just stop, lift the handlebars and point it where you want to go. You can easily spin it on the spot.Better than pushing a wheelbarrow. I do wonder how easy it will turn on those tyres. I have a muck truck version for moving logs at home to the door from the shed.
So i suppose i would need a set of standard wheels and tyres. First job would come in to use it and it wouldn't get through the gate.Flotation tyres are an optional extra for around £600 plus vat.
It wasn't for sale. I spied it behind some stables and mentioned it to the owners in the pub who I'd briefly met. I'm not in the market for 1, but why not if i can do a dealI wouldn‘t know how much standard tyres are for them. I think it Wil probably make a lot more than £800 & I am not a fan of the Honda gxv. If in the market for this type of machine I would be looking at a lumag.
Where are the stables?…It wasn't for sale. I spied it behind some stables and mentioned it to the owners in the pub who I'd briefly met. I'm not in the market for 1, but why not if i can do a deal