Mogmans creations šŸ¤”

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Very busy at the moment but going to build a Trommel wash plant to clean the gravel out of a reed bed
2A999C82-BB42-4434-899B-54BB5F363036.jpeg
32D30B56-BC9A-4F24-BFE7-EA1F1005407F.jpeg

Got some flat bar rolled to make the flights
AF620980-E7B2-42E8-AB22-99DD50FD0CE8.jpeg
08D41085-272F-498E-A8D4-0CAFF5F70010.jpeg

Going to use these wheels from suit case trailers of the airport

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Looks like it will be another Mogman masterclass in building what you need for a project. Keep the updates coming as you can now easily post photos.
Graham

Mogman

Mogman

Looks like it will be another Mogman masterclass in building what you need for a project. Keep the updates coming as you can now easily post photos.
Graham
Will do Graham now I can upload pictures
Got everything I need for the ā€˜projectā€™ apart from time
My biggest problem is I forget to take pictures while in the process of building stuff and before you know it there is a big gap in the building picture show:(

Mogman

Mogman

18265B7F-9015-4DA8-BC7A-F0BB766FA964.jpeg
This will be the tank that it will be built on just got to cut it in half long ways and weld a partition in to hold back the solids from the water

Hydremaduck

Hydremaduck

Woooo! let me find some emojis, this baby needs fireworks, bursting stars and the whole 9yards of clapping hands, thumbs up and pint glasses chinking together.

If this thread isn't a perfect example of what we were missing Julian, what more can I say.

Brings back so many happy memories of Mog creations :cool:

Mark

Mark

Great to be able to see your exploits again Mog, seen ur old daf with crane a while back in an auction. What you running now?

K

Komatsu

Great to see more of your handy work bought to life again for us all to seešŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

BertB.

BertB.

Are you going to the Yukon Territory after to seek your fortune in Placer gold?;)

Mogman

Mogman

Had a few hrs at it today so fully welded the internal spiral then set about a drive for it
5EACDD53-ED46-4975-9FF1-BCFF214C4E2F.jpeg

Used the motor and gearbox from a roller shutter door, had to turn the cog the was on the output from the gearbox (chain drive to the door) to fit a turned down hub from the same trailer axles that the other wheels are from, trouble was the trailer hub is cast so made it an interference fit the drilled and tapped a hole where they join, screwed a bolt in which had the head cut off but a slot for a screwdriver to tighten it
45EBF1F2-9651-4A95-8B7E-46EA97FB4950.jpeg

All works quite well but a bit fast I think but not bad for a pile of scrap so far may have to get a VFD from somewhere (hopefully one will turn up on the yard) and may need some expanded metal for the drive wheel to grip on as it slips when first turned on but if I slow the motor down it could be ok(y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Had a few hrs at it today so fully welded the internal spiral then set about a drive for it
View attachment 542
Used the motor and gearbox from a roller shutter door, had to turn the cog the was on the output from the gearbox (chain drive to the door) to fit a turned down hub from the same trailer axles that the other wheels are from, trouble was the trailer hub is cast so made it an interference fit the drilled and tapped a hole where they join, screwed a bolt in which had the head cut off but a slot for a screwdriver to tighten itView attachment 541
All works quite well but a bit fast I think but not bad for a pile of scrap so far may have to get a VFD from somewhere (hopefully one will turn up on the yard) and may need some expanded metal for the drive wheel to grip on as it slips when first turned on but if I slow the motor down it could be ok(y)

tha's one tidy DIY rotater Boyo .... love it :)(y):cool:

V8Druid

V8Druid

View attachment 542
Used the motor and gearbox from a roller shutter door, had to turn the cog the was on the output from the gearbox (chain drive to the door) to fit a turned down hub from the same trailer axles that the other wheels are from, trouble was the trailer hub is cast so made it an interference fit the drilled and tapped a hole where they join, screwed a bolt in which had the head cut off but a slot for a screwdriver to tighten itView attachment 541

have you considered a flange or two to stop it riding down the drive wheels Mog ;):rolleyes: ... be embarrassing to have it migrate off the end :eek::giggle:

Mogman

Mogman

have you considered a flange or two to stop it riding down the drive wheels Mog ;):rolleyes: ... be embarrassing to have it migrate off the end :eek::giggle:
All in hand;) got a couple of casters with cast centres to fit:whistle: as not made the chassis for it yet, the beam itā€™s sat on is only temporary to get the rollers lined up, got a couple of 6ā€ H section to mount it on properly, but glad your keeping an eye out for me:)

V8Druid

V8Druid

All in hand;) got a couple of casters with cast centres to fit:whistle: as not made the chassis for it yet, the beam itā€™s sat on is only temporary to get the rollers lined up, got a couple of 6ā€ H section to mount it on properly, but glad your keeping an eye out for me:)

LOL :LOL: .... some one gotta supervise yers :p ;)

Mogman

Mogman

Had an hour this afternoon
E3802781-6F35-43FB-B63D-1FBFAA9B2B00.jpeg
Welded an axle to the main tank and also welded a baffle inside it (y)

Mogman

Mogman

Been a bit busy on other work to get to the trommel job:cry: but pictures to follow
Anyway was asked by a fellow member to build him something, and found a few ingredients for the job
D1DC202C-7FAC-4BDB-AF09-00897854635C.jpeg
Can you tell what itā€™s going to be..............not you GrahamsšŸ¤ but may need you to post a picture of it up as didnā€™t take any pictures of it finished:cry:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Been a bit busy on other work to get to the trommel job:cry: but pictures to follow
Anyway was asked by a fellow member to build him something, and found a few ingredients for the job
View attachment 3143
Can you tell what itā€™s going to be..............not you GrahamsšŸ¤ but may need you to post a picture of it up as didnā€™t take any pictures of it finished:cry:
hell Mog .... you might just as well have said it's going to be ....................................????? :unsure::confused: .. an old mixer and an air tank ?? :rolleyes: .... tha's not a clue .... it's a tease :p:D:D:LOL:

Mogman

Mogman

So the trommel
61100188-E21B-4E3E-A2C5-E9B4E19331BE.jpeg

Got an old dock leveller that was scrapped and welded it to the trommel chassis to make the tipping hopper
DB8EACD1-DB96-48AA-BEE4-760FD8EFB591.jpeg
Cut the flappy bit to make the hinge and a chute to get the stone into the drum
251326CA-8486-44CC-999C-2CC2FF26424F.jpeg
And then welded the ring I had to stop the drum from traveling fore and aft, made the small wheels that run on the ring but not fitted them yet
TBC (y)