Material prices

GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
What’s stupid is I was going to say ‘that’s cheap!!’
How quickly are we all to accept these stupid prices and just crack on!! No wonder they are getting away with such huge price hikes!
To be fair it's only a quid more than conc has been round here for about the last 5 years. Tbh i expected it to be dearer going by the prices rises with everything else.
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I’m paying £89 a m3 for gen1 kerb mix collected! £77 is a great price. I know cement went up £21 a ton in April and stone up, with fuel etc can’t be much profit in it at £77/m3 or was it £77 a ton lol
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Horrible when you get out of dimension sections particularly if you get a mix in one order, much time wasted trying to extract a silk purse from a sows ear 🤪

305 x 305 x 97 still wakes me up in a cold sweat !!

What the boss said was "just put the max arc and the gas in the back of your land rover and nip up to Abingdon for the afternoon, they want some ten foot squares welded up out of four inch channel "

Arrived on site and couldn't see any four inch channel but was introduced to my pile of twelve 305 x 305 x 97 x 7000&7610 .

When he was pricing he assumed that 305x305x97UC meant 305cmx305cmx97mm U shaped 🤭

Fortunately he had also said take an overnight bag and go out for a beer with the lads 😁
had an artic load of 610 x 229 x 101kg in 12.2, once for a long travel crane rail system ... had to have 50 x 50 solid welded to the top of it and fish plated ...
centre web on it was all over the place 10-15mm off centre and varying down its length ... all went back .. no chance of making suitable joints to fit :mad: :mad: :mad: .. that was a new Spanish mill ..... don't think they'd learnt to drive it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
I’m paying £89 a m3 for gen1 kerb mix collected! £77 is a great price. I know cement went up £21 a ton in April and stone up, with fuel etc can’t be much profit in it at £77/m3 or was it £77 a ton lol
£77 a cube mate… but you needed 20m2 not the 10m2 you asked for 😉
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I’m paying £89 a m3 for gen1 kerb mix collected! £77 is a great price. I know cement went up £21 a ton in April and stone up, with fuel etc can’t be much profit in it at £77/m3 or was it £77 a ton lol
Was per cube. Must admit was surprised when builder said what it was.
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
been informed that there are more price rises across the board,everything single thing the builders merchants sell is going up ,robbing fuckwits
 
M

Maxus

Well-known member
Single piece of 1650 x 125 feather edge from timber merchant, £1.50. Travis perkins wanted to charge me £4.50 per board! Managed to do me a 'deal' and bring it down to £2.53 a board. Luckily I only needed 4 (I was short on a fencing job). I felt insulted, which is usually the case with TP.
 
M

Maxus

Well-known member
Screenshot_20220428-193530_Chrome.jpg


(TossPotts)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
priced conc rete blocks today 10.50 a metre ,and no,longer can you get a smaller load 990 ,now you musthave 1300 .and 6 weeks waiting ,all blocks are on allocation
what size blocks and I assume a square metre? ..... if it's 4" that's horrendous :cry:
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
There's lots of s**t excuses now for stuff been the price it is. Aswell as why you can't have it.

I've a very funny story only last week to prove it and I dare think how much of the bullshit is been given to others too.
 
Top