macbook air

J

Jimoz

Well-known member
long shot here but does anyone have a macbook air?
Mine has a 256GB hard drive that is about full but all my files, apps etc only come to around 70GB
I can't work out how to fix it been googling
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
the sums don't add up!
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 6.36.53 AM.png
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Do any of the other views offer a better perspective? I'm sure you can click on the HDD to access properties and it will show you how the drive is utilised and where the space is used. That view is only a user file level, hence the low reading. There may even be a recovery partition? It's been a while since I last messed with a Macbook.
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Well long story but it's sorted... All I will say about Macs they make a lot of duplicates...
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Well long story but it's sorted... All I will say about Macs they make a lot of duplicates...
LOL ... I found a system folder a few months ago that 'notes' everything you do .... had 750,000+ 'files' in it ... and doesn't seem to auto delete when you clear caches/memories/etc...... took hours to empty the bloody thing, but made a massive difference to my old girl's operating speed .... I now clear it daily, manually and have a shortcut to it on the desktop to remind me to do it ;)
 
Top