Low loaders

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Daewoo 20 tonnes got foam filled tyres plated at 44 but on that trip must of been 48-50 the truck empty weighs 26 tons:oops: after we got the the next site in Forfar ‘found’ another generator the same as the one loaded plus a few more tonnes of cable(y) when we finished that site I had to leave the Daewoo there as the trailer was a bit full, had to go back for it a few days later

so you'm 46t just with Dai on there :oops::oops: ...... think 50t is a little on the optimistic side :LOL::LOL:

Mark

Mark

EBB122A0-B3A2-45A7-B098-9F602C7CFC82.jpeg
One from today climbing the braes to our yard, new cat 730c2 on the trailer.

Mark

Mark

Cheers Druid, got a few more additions coming in the new few weeks. The excavator will maybe interest a few people it's as hi spec as you can go without putting an tilty hitch on it. Will see if I can do a write up on it when it's all set up.

Last edited:
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Cheers Druid, got a few more additions coming in the new few weeks. The excavator will maybe interest a few people it's as hi spec as you can go without putting an tilty hitch on it. Will see if I can do a write up on it when it's all set up.
Looking forward to that (y)

Bri963

Bri963

Sometimes I think if there's a hard way and an easy way to do a job, the Americans will pick the hard way. Their roads must be dodgy if they need to spread the load that much.

Exmayor

Exmayor

Yeah that was the 2nd one Gra you can tell because it isn't raining......... we were "Wetter than an otters pocket" the previous weekend. The 2nd picture down after the Drone photo you can see me on the left with blue hat on talking with Tom not really paying much attention to the fact that 600 ton is creeping up on us :rolleyes:

V8Druid

V8Druid

Yeah that was the 2nd one Gra you can tell because it isn't raining......... we were "Wetter than an otters pocket" the previous weekend. The 2nd picture down after the Drone photo you can see me on the left with blue hat on talking with Tom not really paying much attention to the fact that 600 ton is creeping up on us :rolleyes:

have always loved that descriptor Daz .... so vivid :LOL: ......
that is some load and set up ..... some serious logisitical planning gone into summat like that (y):cool::cool:

Exmayor

Exmayor

Graham from The Grids initial request, to get all the appropriate people to agree and checks done on bridges and roads and plans drawn up its well over a year to actually moving with it. On those moves the 1000 was set up to offload the barge at Sutton Bridge and that alone is 25+ loads. Then there is the frame itself that travels in 2 halves then all the ancillary stuff that goes with it, as well with those 2 the bridge in Spalding was Overbridged so that we didn't impose on the original bridge at all so there's another crane plus 2 Trucks with the bridge matts. Then there is all the skidding gear the Franna's and track to offload the frame because the frame is split and the transformer skidded out onto its plinth which can be 50+ metres away

V8Druid

V8Druid

Graham from The Grids initial request, to get all the appropriate people to agree and checks done on bridges and roads and plans drawn up its well over a year to actually moving with it. .......

some planning required for that, eh? :rolleyes:
thought you might like a look at this pic I found earlier on FB :eek: ...... some amazing moves on some of those pages :cool:
long load .jpg

V8Druid

V8Druid

bit of a heads up, just spotted this evening
https://www.facebook.com/SpottedVosa/photos/a.699565403465538/2041675382587860/?type=3&theater&ifg=1

1546805767773.png

" Heads up guys! Sent this by a friend,,
Today I was done by VOSA in Perth for my truck interior curtains showing both sides.
It’s a new enforcement that came out on 1/1/19.... cost me £100 fine.
They’ve already done 20 drivers before me today for “window vision obstruction” (as they call it) for curtains, dash tables and windscreen stone guards.

Don’t let the ***** get you like me today "

:eek::eek::cry: