Lifton LS750 dumper bearing trouble

R

Russ1669

New member
Hi All, I bought an old LS750 dumper which runs great even though it's 25 years old.
I'm a bit concerned about the amount of play between the front and back halves of the chassis. There is a gap between the two plates that I presume are to allow rotation between the front and back halves, but there is noticeable movement up and down (especially when you are sitting on the machine and it is balanced).
Does anyone know if this is normal or should I try and tighten the large centre nut? I've also tried finding a user manual and parts list, but so far no luck.

LS750 joint0.JPG

LS750 joint.JPG

shows a close up of the gap between the two plates. Any advice on this would be happily received as I'm a bit scared that the two halves might separate!
Russ
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi All, I bought an old LS750 dumper which runs great even though it's 25 years old.
I'm a bit concerned about the amount of play between the front and back halves of the chassis. There is a gap between the two plates that I presume are to allow rotation between the front and back halves, but there is noticeable movement up and down (especially when you are sitting on the machine and it is balanced).
Does anyone know if this is normal or should I try and tighten the large centre nut? I've also tried finding a user manual and parts list, but so far no luck.

View attachment 70665
View attachment 70666
shows a close up of the gap between the two plates. Any advice on this would be happily received as I'm a bit scared that the two halves might separate!
Russ
so that's the horizontal swivel, with a vertical swivel to the left in the pic - like a universal joint basically - different set up to most frame steer m/cs ... I'd give it a nip up - any grease points to lubricate the face plates ??
 
Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
There are two bolts, one top one underneath the big nut in the middle give them a nip up to

But the main play will be in the vertical pin that it steers around I’ve put a set of bushes in mine to get the play out

Oh by the way it won’t fall in have👍

Have you just bought it🤔 if so is it a hydrostatic or has it a clutch and gearbox and what kind of money was it as I have one sat here that needs to go…………..I think 😂😂
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
There are two bolts, one top one underneath the big nut in the middle give them a nip up to

But the main play will be in the vertical pin that it steers around I’ve put a set of bushes in mine to get the play out

Oh by the way it won’t fall in have👍

Have you just bought it🤔 if so is it a hydrostatic or has it a clutch and gearbox and what kind of money was it as I have one sat here that needs to go…………..I think 😂😂
rotation limiters Paul?? :unsure:
 
J

John B

New member
Hi all, new to the forum and working on an old Lister LS 750 to get her back up and running again. Anyone have any ideas where I can get hold of a workshop / maintenance manual before I get much further? Thanks
 
Top